1st Elk Hunt - Unit 54

toolmann

So I've been deer and antelope hunting for a about 10 years now and am finally going on an elk hunt. I'm a resident and just wanted to wait until my son was old enough (actually strong enough, since he is 5'10" and 115 pounds soaking wet) to take this next step. He's 15 now and has been hunting for about 7 years, and we ended up here in Colorado about 3 years ago. We should be holding cow tags for the 2nd season, and am just looking for a little direction. My early map gazing has me looking at staying within the BLM land and using Rainbow Lake road as our main north-south route. We don't mind hiking, but aren't looking for a deep wilderness pack-in adventure either (maybe next year as he has taken up archery!). Any advice, direction or otherwise would definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

TM

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom