1st lion for the rookies

muleybull

Very Active Member
Let the one year old pups out on a small track. Little guy, maybe 3/4 grown (or less). They have been on a handful of lions with the older dogs, but they went at it alone on this one. The snow helped, but they did good, trailed for about 1 1/2 miles before they jumped him out of a rock pile.

Give hime a little while to grow, then they can catch him again.

91682010_lion_january_2.jpg

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

Isn't it illegal to intentionally run kittens. Just give the antis more reason to take away hound hunting. Come on man!!! Crap like this comes out in the RAC meetings and this is the kinda propoganda that is taking our summer bear season in Utah away. They say houndsmen will intentionally run sows with cubs and sometimes they catch and kill cubs.Take this post off please.

CD - It all depends on the state.

Here in NV, it says its illegal to kill or possess a SPOTTED kitten, or a female that is accompanied by SPOTTED kittens. If a cat is by itself, I see no harm in letting dogs run it. If you know its small, then make sure the conditions are right if you don't want it dead. Letting pups run a cat where there are plenty of trees for the cat to climb is OK by me.

Not sure what the law is like in other states, but I am guessing that is a legal cat anywhere, even though it is small.

Later,

Marcial

I dont live in Utah. A kitten has to have spots or living with its mom.

This lion was a little bigger than my pups, but not quite grown. I was guessing him around 60 or 70 lbs. He does look a lot smaller in the pic than what he was.

However I was careful not to kick him out of the tree, my pups may have been able to kill him if they got him on the ground, just because they outnumbered him. 3 dogs.

He's still running around up there.... maybe. I think the female he came from may be in heat. I have found 2 different tom tracks, and her track in a relatively small area. I just havent been able to get on the short end of their track. Hopefully one of those toms havent gotten ahold of him.

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

Yeah, Cali would probably confuse little dogs simply because they would not know what track to follow. To many cats. Just S.S.S.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom