1st scouting trip Pahvant

Utahelk1

Sorry I bought a new Kodak camera and I can't get the pictures to upload. Saying they are too big? I will work on it. Lots of water up there. A few roads still closed due to snow drifts. Lots of bugs. Drove every road possible down there a SUV could fit on. It was AWESOME!!

I went on every part of the unit from the south to the north. I rented an SUV and put 800 miles on it in three days! I saw a lot more country than animals. My objective was to learn where the roads went.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-11 AT 05:35PM (MST)[p]Robins Valley area had a snow drift. Couldn't get there.
289100_0080.jpg

1462100_0081.jpg

1764100_0076.jpg

7814100_0068.jpg

There are two bulls in this picture. I drew a muzzy tag. Hope to get a good bull. I'd shoot this one opening morning!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-11 AT 09:03PM (MST)[p]HJB There is a huge snow drift right by Willow Creek Peak. I doubt you will be able to get a truck through there by the 15th. You might be able to get a 4 wheeler over the drift. I sent you an Email. Did you get a chance to look at it?

Looks like a good time. Did you take the family or save them the dirt road rodeo? Can't wait to see how you do. Can't think of anyone else who deserves a great hunt. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Jeremy

So that's how a Guy saves wear & tear on his own Rig?:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

South Slope thanks.... I went down by myself the fam didn't think it sounded fun driving all day for three days with a two year old!

B Bop you would be proud I only had one flat tire (which I fixed with fixaflat) and I only got pulled over twice. No tickets! I just smooth talked the cops. You tell them your scouting for your elk hunt on Pahvant and they just seemed to light up. They were willing to talk hunting for 15 minutes!

HJB The drifts were at Willow Creek Peak and the road that comes out of Fillmore at about 500 South. I couldn't get past a drift right at the top of that road. Plus that road sucked. It was really rocky the whole way up. Those are the two roads I had trouble with... Good luck If you need anything else let me know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom