1st scouting trip

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
I took my oldest boy fishing over the weekend and got a chance to run up to one of my favorite hunting spots that I drew a deer tag for.

I have hunted here in NV since the late 80's and never remember seeing the country so green and full of feed. We seen 12-15 bucks and 7 or 8 bulls along with the biggest 5 point bull I have ever seen. This was in the span of about 3 hours. The horn growth seems amazing so far. I was excited to see all the animals and how healthy they looked. I've heard the same from friends scouting in UT also. I did notice also that over half the does didnt have fawns so im hoping they are still giving birth. Anyways if you have a tag in hand you should be pretty excited for the upcoming hunts. Good luck!

Thats great news, especially considering that I belive I have a tag for the same area that you do! We are going to take a trip out that way in Sept. and I can't hardly wait. If you go out anymore I would love to get more updates. You could P.M If you would like.

I am headed to NV in the morning for a few days of looking in area I drew and then off to WY to do the same.
Have been talking with someone in Ely and they have been getting a lot of afternoon rain over there and it is green all over......will see with my own eyes for sure tomorrow evening when I take a drive out of town. Hope to have some good pictures when I return home.

Brian

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom