New Mexico Mule deer

WannaXbe

My son and I drew muzzle loader tags for unit 32. Seems like all of the info is talking about southwest of Roswell. Looking at OnX, there is quite a bit of public access along the Pecos River. Any info regarding the river areas? I have been E-scouting since I submitted my app but any other general input would be appreciated. I have also been looking more towards the border of 32/38 and seems to be some large canyons to hunt as well. Needless to say, we are excited to have to opportunity to hunt NM Mule Deer!!!

Roswell is a dump of a town and quite dangerous so I would camp outside of town.

Deer quality is not good so shoot anything that is legal. It is a tough hunt but I would suggest covering a lot of country with your glass and if you get desperate start doing a deer drive with your son through the arroyos. I would guess where you are going might be better than where I hunted.

Bring a shotgun for quail and rabbits. There's a lot of tags issued in this unit and close to Artesia the hunting can look like a walmart parking lot.

GOod luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom