1st season sucess!

Crazy4Elk

I was lucky enough to harvest this cow on opening day of first season. She was moving thru a large meadow wish some small aspen stands. They when into a small drainage and that allowed me to move up a little closer and also find a good spot to shot from. They popped from the drained around 150 yards. I always shoot the lead cow always seem to be the biggest and she did not let me down. Hit her with a round and I could tell she was hit good and she hunched up. She then proceeded to turn and go back up the meadow and she stopped, so I let the .338 Win Mag hit her again and she never took another shot!!

I have to give a huge thanks to my DAD!! I packed out a front quarter on the way to get him. He was not hunting as he did not draw a tag and came along to just hang out and be there just incase I needed some help packing out. And I did!! She was 2.3 miles from the nearest road and the walk was straight uphill all the way!! Back is still sore!! It took us until 6pm on Sunday to get her all back to camp!!

THANKS AGAIN DAD!!!!!!!

Only draw back to the trip was we both had deer tags for 2nd season, but the road we take to get to the lower area is a horrible to road drive even dry and it had been snowing and raining on and off for the 6 days we were there. Talked with Sombrero Ranch guys and they were even having touble getting horses in for 2nd season. So we decided not to risk the road and not be too greedy and headed home a few days early!!

One more time.......THANKS DAD!!!!
elk2_edited-1.jpg

Camp
100_1180_edited-1.jpg

Veiw from camp!!
100_1178.jpg

Releif that work is done!!
100_1182.jpg

Until next year!!! :cheers:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom