1x scope options?

W

wmidbrook

I've been doing a little looking around for 1x scopes for my muzzleloader. So far all I've found is a Nikon Buckmaster and a Cabelas Alaska Guide model. Have you heard of any other models?

How do you like the Buckmaster or Cabela's model or any other model in 1x?

Thanks for the info.

wmidbrook,
Pentax and Burris also make excellent 1x scopes. I have been using a Simmons for the last 10 years. It has held its accuracy
and has proven durable, but I am ready for something that has better light transmission and clearer optics. I'm leaning toward the Burris.

Showed up in camp last year for the ML opener. All three of us hunting together had the Buckmaster scope. Three diffent rifles w/same scope. 1 T/C Black Diamond, 1 White .45, 1 Knight Bighorn.

I found a Burris 1x XER for $110 including shipping. Was only used for rangework. The fellow bought it for a hunt in Missippi where it was 1x the season before he bought it. He bought one for the next years hunt...then regs changed to allow any scope. Talk about some luck. Thanks for the info.

Howdy Mid
I have three 1X scopes and I've looked thru quite a few others. The three I have are a Simmons, Swift and a Tasco. The Simmons is the least clear. The Swift is a little clearer. The problem with both the Simmons and Swift is they both make things look farther away then they are. If your looking at something at 50 yards it looks like it's 100. I've also looked thru the Burris and and others and wasn't impressed. The Tasco is the best 1 power I've seen. It's very clear and the sight picture is life size. The price was only $79 but I don't think they are being manufactured any longer.
Wes

Buy a Bushnell then when you go to use it and you find out that the crosshairs are broke you will have something to wipe your ass with

I used a Bushnell Holosight last year and really liked it. At 100 yards it was deadly. It is legal in Utah. Had two officers check me on the Paunsagaunt and neither of them had a problem with it.

PETA,

I don't know why I'm wasting energy typing this because it'll probably have little to no effect other than serve to tick you off...and that's not my intent.

Here's a little story:
A young fellow, well-liked by a lot of folks, was well-known up in John Day, OR. He was a decent athlete...had shot some big animals on a ranch that only his family had access to. But, he had a little problem--a hot temper.

He had this bad habit of startin' fights after he'd have a beer or two. Well, at first most folks thought it was just 'kid-$hit'...like a stage many of us have been through. He started pickin' fights with just about anyone over any reason as long as he thought he was impressing someone--rarely, if ever lost.

The last fight occurred last fall during Elk season. He ended up taking someone's eye out in the fight. All accounts except for one of his buddies was that for no reason he just started beatin' the crap out of the victum.

He was convicted to serve many years behind bars. Word has it that he has been gang raped and is now serving the role of 'wife' to some arian convict gang leader after being beat into submission by quite a few convicts at one time...oh well.

wmidbrook
I have had 2 Bushnell scopes both of had when I needed them most Also I hope the guy that gets punched it the eye is you he he

wmidbrook
I have had 2 Bushnell scopes both of had broken when I needed them most Also I hope the guy that gets punched it the eye is you he he

wmidbrook,
Good for you! You made an excellent buy on a quality piece of optics. IMO there's no real comparison between the the other fixed 1X scopes on the market and the Burris. If Leica, Swarovski, Zeiss, or Leupold manufactured one then there'd likely be a basis for comparison; but since that's not the case, there isn't.

I used a Simmons 1X er last year it work good(thinner crosshairs) BUT i got a new Leupold red-dot for x-mas I have it on my omega but can't get it to shoot any higher than 4" low at a 100, guess I will have get a higher base so I can get more adjustment out of it.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-03 AT 11:10PM (MST)[p]Hey Gator...called the t/c shop and they recommend the Maxima bases and rings. The guy in the shop was saying just what you did--most bases and rings are too low. Maxima makes bases/rings for muzzleloaders.

Also, found out T/C will do a free trigger job to your specifications if you pay for the shipping.

Burris will retro fit with any reticle for $50 except the mil-dot runs about $120. I'd probably run with the standard peep or fine plex.

But, if the glass is no good or there's glare, I'll probably trade or sell the darn thing and try another one out.

From what Wes was saying, the glass on the Burris might be a letdown.

You're right AZBuckSnort. It arrived and I gotta say it's an impressive scope.

The standard plex is fine for me--the horizontal crosshair only covers about 2.5-3 inches @ 100 yds--fine for huntin.

It's clear right around the edges of the scope. Also, no significant parallex when I put it in a gun vice and moved my head side to side.

No noticable over/under magnification.

The thing that's most noticable, is that it pulls in more light than the naked eye--decent coating whatever they used. Also, minimal glare.

I will have to see about there bases, the rings are octagon shaped so they will probaly have to stay. I will try and get a higher base.Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom