2 points to burn

D

deserthorn

hey guys my brother, dad, and me have 2 non resident points for deer and we are really looking to hunt in wyoming this coming year. I have done some research and talked to a few different bioligist on what they feel is a good unit or region to go with, but I wanted to here what you guys felt. Region G is what my brother and I would go with, but for our dad were not sure it will be the best deal. Any info would be great. We would like to hunt a bucks that are at least a little bit above average but right now more than anything im just trying to narrow down a unit to look at a little deeper.

You didn't say whether you are looking for an outfitter, have horses or looking for a DIY hunt on foot. If you are looking to do it on foot you need to be able to do 5-8 miles and gain 2,000 feet in elevation every day.

Region G is a place where you can get a better than average deer but it's beautiful and brutal country. The bucks will be in the high basins and you need to be able to get to them.

we do have horses and we hunt country like that quite often in utahs wahsatch front. we are not looking for an outfitter just because me and my brother cant afford it if we could we would use one. but more than anything we are just trying to hunt something different and we know wyoming has some sweet low land country so im just trying to get some ideas to think about just so we have some options. thanks for the reply and any info or help would be great.

Jake

Thanks for the PM guys I really needed some help on this one. Thanks again.

Jake

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom