200' Muley video and lots more. Win a DVD for your 2 cents

S

Stoked24_7

Hello fellow Sportsman,

My name is Cody Stokes, and I am the owner of Gettin? Stoked Outdoors. We are a hard core group of hunters just like you that love to hunt big game. We also love to take our cameras with us to try and capture our hunting experiences on film. Every hunter out there has made mistakes, missed shots or just choked when it's show time. At Gettin? Stoked Outdoors we will never claim to be professional hunters who do everything right and never make mistakes. We just want to hunt hard and make awesome hunting videos that our fellow sportsman can enjoy watching.

The reason for this post is to have you watch some of our hunts and tell us what you like about our hunts and what things we can do to get better. It is one of our long term goals to get a show on TV and be able to take this love of filming to the next level. We know this is a lofty goal and that's why we need your help. As we all know, there are some bad hunting shows on TV and we hope that with your feedback we can continue to get better and become one of the hunting shows that people want to watch. So feel free to be honest and tell us what you think. We really appreciate your time and to show our appreciation we will be giving away copies of our DVD. If you make a comment we will put your name in a hat and for every twentieth comment received, we will draw a winner and send the winner one of our two pack DVD sets which has 39 harvests on 14 different species.

There are also some other hunts posted in the forum that we filmed if you want to see more, an Idaho Moose and an Idaho Bear. Once again I would like to thank you for your time and hope you all have a great upcoming hunting season.

Cody Stokes

P.S. - We will contact all winners by PM

812dscf1311.jpg

British Columbia Moose - http://www.youtube.com/user/gettinstokedoutdoors/#p/u/22/nzlaxamjvuE

537511a.jpg

Kansas Muley 202' - http://www.youtube.com/user/gettinstokedoutdoors/#p/u/5/62usbNALhdA

5166ibex_188.jpg

Idaho Black Bear - http://www.youtube.com/user/gettinstokedoutdoors/#p/u/24/WBJbQM316jk

5269img_0253.jpg

Utah Lion - http://www.youtube.com/user/gettinstokedoutdoors/#p/u/1/lSW7TVHdbg0

89691a.jpg

Utah Archery Muley - http://www.youtube.com/user/gettinstokedoutdoors/#p/u/17/qOZMmPVHKOM

9689img0013.jpg

Wyoming Muley - http://www.youtube.com/user/gettinstokedoutdoors/#p/u/0/Bo_IbKnNFGw

6610img0150.jpg

Ohio Whitetail - http://www.youtube.com/user/gettinstokedoutdoors/#p/u/11/x7eGTBvT5dc

6502a.jpg

Utah Elk - http://www.youtube.com/user/gettinstokedoutdoors/#p/u/6/0ndJhjiCT9I

great videos guys thanks for sharing. you do a great job with the camaras and keeping everyone informed on whats going on throughout the hunts. Great job keep up the good work!

Good stuff, I like most that there is no plugs for dumb sponsors the whole time. Anybody can tell what equipment you have and how it works for you. I am no expert, but maybe higher quality camera equipment. It just seemed a little fuzzy. I enjoyed all the clips that I saw....

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

Great hunts,dont sell out and ruin them with sponsor plugs and cheeseball hunts.

You must be doing it right after the first one i watched every one of the videos. The way you guys film your hunts is great with me keep on keepin on!

The river crossing was the best be tuff to do that one.

hornkiller.jpg

24/7 the only problem I see is that you are not coming to Africa with me to film. Wish you were there!

Great videos. What I really like about them compared to some other hunting shows out there is that you don't dance around with the camera. What I mean by this is that on some shows after they find the deer, they show you about 90 different angles of the deer and move them so fast you get dizzy. I hate that. I like the reality of the show - especially the Ohio whitetail.

don't re-create the kill shot, that just wastes ammo and is tasteless - IMO

don't have the camera on the opposite side of the dead animal while the hunter pretends to track it and come upon it and act all excided...... you know what I mean? again, lame. Film the hunter while he is "really" tracking and finding his downed trophy - - the excitment captured at that point cannot be re-produced.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "KEEP IT REAL"
so basically: So far so good!!! keep it up!!!

And i like what others have said about sponsors......
we can all see what brand of equipment you use, and that is all that is needed.

Great videos. I would watch your tv show. Thanks for postin some of your hunts up for us to see. Ill watch again and look closer for a critique. I got into the hunts and did not even think about a critique. I guess thats what yiur going for though, right?

I've made multiple comments about you guys here, and on YouTube. Everyone in your videos is very likable and seem to share many great qualities of public personalities, as well as great sportsmen...

Your videos are great. My favorite part is that it all feels very real, and very attainable. Other DVDs out there make me feel like the DVD is the closest us "Regular Joes" will ever get to those animals. I don't get that feeling with your videos.

Commentary, and narration are generally pretty good as well. I agree with comments above about "Keeping it Real". Real emotion counts for a lot in my book. You're doing a great job.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Watched the Kansas muley hunt, It was pretty good. Picture qaulity could be a little better but all in all not to bad. It was like a real hunt. Nothing made up just for show.

Cody, Your videos are fun to watch cause they are more "real life" than others. I liked the Idaho bear videos, one where your hunting partner got the huge goose egg on the head, and the other that you busted the bear from the willows and point blank and got him! Your camera work while moving is cool and a different angle. As you are hiking along, putting the camera on yourself to talk about what you are doing makes it cool. Mostly as said before, keep it as real as possible and capture those moments that don't go as we plan, (like the knot on the head!, cause we all know that things like that happen more often than not, and can be a funny side note!

I watched them all in one shot and that's saying something! Even my pointer woke up and listened closely with tail wagging as those hounds were barking on the cat hunt!!! Like everyone else said, most of the filming was very real with no endless plugging of equipment that gets old quickly and I also don't care for the staged walkup to the animal after it's already been found. Film as you are doing any tracking and let the excitement happen spontaneously when you come up on the animal. Other than some of the film appearing to be fuzzy (could have been my old eyes) I think you are well on your way, so thanks for sharing and asking our opinions.

Great people hunting and guiding, etc... but just stop doing high fence hunts. those are not enjoyable to watch. Most people agree that those kind of hunts are as enjoyable as watching someone go shoot a milk cow in a dairy farm.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

I like how you dont have to wait for every single thing to be perfect for the camera. It makes it seem a lot more real.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-11 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]Good point Travishunter3006, I have only done a few years ago. One for my 6 year old boy and another for a kid that has no legs. I did shoot a Black Buck in a high fence in oklahoma about 8 years ago. But I agree not the hardest hunts in the world. You don't find many Brown bears in high fence LOL. Thanks for your comment.

Thanks for all your posts. I feel like I am getting some great incite on what real hunters like to see. I will post the first DVD winner tonight.

Cody,
I've watched almost all of your videos and I think you're right on track. You come across as genuine hunters putting in the work yourselves.
I like the self-filming you do of you talking, just would be careful of not overdoing it. But what I do like about that, is I'd rather have that talking than just voice recorded narrarating. I like when you talk about the strategies you're using to hunt the animals. Like how you've scouted, sitting on a certain hillside, how you circle around in front of the animal, checking the wind, etc....
Good job on all your hard work and goal of a tv show, I hope you get it!

Thanks for all the great entertainment!

>>>---->
For the love of the game

Those were some good videos. I like that the focus is western
game. It seems like most of what is on TV is white tail and turkey. Being from the west I am always looking for these type of videos. My only suggestion would be to upgrade your camera when you can afford to.

I think everyone has given you some good points and comments. If you keep it real like you have done so far you'll have a winner. I like the seriousness when the heat is on and I like it when you have a little fun and do the joking around too, it keeps it real. Good job...

I just picked two winners for the DVDs muleymaddness and velvetmonster. congrats
send me your info in a PM and I will get them sent out. thanks.

I really enjoy your passion and desire. I know video equipment is crazy expensive so my advice is keep upgrading with the best you can afford. It will make a huge difference. My other comment would be to use your tripod as much as you can. If you don't have a fluid head one then that should be your next purchase. I know they are a pain to lug around but use it as much as you can and your footage will go to the next level. Thanks again for sharing. Look forward to more.

I want to thank Cody for putting these videos on MM for our entertainment and critique. From his posts I would say he seems like a humble, decent, genuine guy trying to make a little money doing something he loves. When I receive my winning DVD I will post a thread giving my opinion. I am sure it will be great and I would suggest we try to support a fellow MM'er. If you're gonna buy hunting DVD's anyway maybe you could help this guy get things going rather then support the big boys.

VM

Ive watched most of your clips i like em all. All the advise before is good but if you didn't change a thing i would still watch'em.

I just finished watching your Utah Muley hunt. All I can say is WOW!!! That buck is a stud! One thing that I really liked was the quality of video, and how it was recorded. It wasnt all shakey like alot of DIY hunters video's are. Great Video and looks like a great time hunting for you!

Randall Limb
Limb Creek Outdoors
www.limbcreek.com
www.facebook.com/limbcreekoutdoors

there is a plenty of videos to keep me busy and entertained. can get your heart pumping thats for sure. thanks for sharing

Ive watched the videos you posted up and I'm impressed and looking forward to seeing more shows in the future
The one thing Id like to say is try to be as informative as possible.No matter how much time a guy spends in the field or no matter how old he is there is always something new to learn and this is the biggest reason why I watch so many hunting shows.
So give us your "Tips and Techniques" that helps you be successful.Tell what backpack,binoculars,gun,Ect you like to use and why.
Talk to us about your tag how long did it take you to draw it.What part of the state is it in
Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing

I will tell you guys that Cody is a personal friend of mine, and you won't find a better dude around. He's crazy about hunting, hunts his guts out, and has taken some great animals. As you've seen, his video work speaks for itself, so if ya can, buy his DVD, I've got it and trust me it has some awesome hunts on it. I just wish I was on the damn thing!!

I agree with never_satisfied. Keep it interesting by giving techniques and throwing a fish here in there by talking about units, etc.. THe videography looks good, the narration is good, and the animals are good quality. Good luck with getting on tv. I think the hardest part of videoing hunts is producing plenty of good content. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome work guys, I like the way you show the whole experience of the hunt, buddies, family, jokes, and all that goes with it. Keep up the good work.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-11 AT 12:54PM (MST)[p]well i only watched the moose hunts so far but thought they were really good. man they are some tough animals. i liked how on the second moose you kept the camera rolling as you were trying to finish it off. hate it when the camera is already to the animal and the hunter walks up. the shows i can't stand to watch are anything turkeys, bears over bait, whitetales out of tree stands (unless its that good lookin blond chic), and things like that. i know the hunts themselves are fun to do, i just don't like watching other people do them. one pet peeve i have is when they find an animal and sit there and film it for ten minutes while its just feeding or something. even if its a good animal, no need to watch it for that long. one last thing, i don't want to watch you (or anybody else for that matter) fish. another one of those things i love to do but can't watch other people do. your video seemed "real" and thats what i liked the most. don't edit out the misses or bad shots. hell a hunt rarely goes perfect so don't worry about being politically correct and try to please everybody. all in all, great job!

Well I just got done with all them. It looks like you definitly have a clue on what you are doing. You have alot of trophy animals there. One thing I liked was you guys didnt forget to have fun. I believe this to be a fondation for making good movies. Really though besides equip. I think I would like to see a little more footage before the shot of the animals. I know its hard to plan for especially on public land hunts but just a thought. Keep up the good work and hope you guys dont lose your passion when you end up on TV. Really enjoyed them

I am not really sure what equipment that he could change. He filmed a CO mule deer hunt for me last year and his camera is a $4,000 plus HD Canon with shotgun mic, windmuff, etc. I am wondering if it is because the footage is HD and the computer screens are not or something like that. I am no expert on it by anymeans but I know watching the DVD's on TV they are very clear. I know in the beginning he filmed with a Canon GL2 when starting out but he has been filming in HD for quite a while.

Cody, you have done a fine job with those videos. I think the best thing about them is they are the real deal. No commercializing or waiting for the perfect setup. You film it just the way it happens. It really gets your heart pumpin! Glad to see things are going well for you. I hope you do some videos of big mule deer hunts, as I know that is your real passion. You should post up that photo of Cliford's buck he shot in WY. Bucks like that need to be shown off once in a while. -Wayne

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-11 AT 10:44PM (MST)[p]I really liked the Muley video. I think I may have seen it before...book cliffs...

It was well done and in good taste. Keep it up and good luck to you.

Good luck to you in your endeavor.

Awesome job guys! I really enjoyed the "Wyoming Muley", what a toad of a buck for a DIY. Your videos are so much better to watch than most of what's out there right now, as you just straight up put hard work with friends and family on public lands hunts, and good draw tags when you draw. Many hunters can relate better with what your producing, because it's for the average hunter who understands what it takes to get after it and work for a good animal.

Thanks for the post, and the great videos. I'll continue to keep watching for your productions.

I want to thank everyone for all your comments. I really like going and filming other people on their hunts so if you guys ever draw a good tag and want a camera man let me know and we can try and make it work. I decided to give away a DVD for every ten posts instead of every twenty. So I drew two more winners. BuckBrush and BBB

Great job!You do it the way it should be done!Not only would I make sure to watch a show like yours every week,I would DVR it as well.IMO,your show,from what I've seen,would be my #1 hunting show on TV.I love the western theme,and the un-rehearsed way you do it.I personally didn't see anything I would improve,except for not getting the kill shot on your Utah buck,but-mistakes are sometimes made.You knept it real and didn't try to fake a scene.Great job!

great videos. Like everyone has already said, I like how its real, no fake kill shots and no bs filming the hunter "finding" his dead buck.

i would like to add that i like how you dont play retarted elevator music. i got a mountain goat tag for wyoming is that good enough to record. lol

One thing that I can say about 24/7 is that he is a mtn goat and you don't need to worry if he can keep up. The guy is as tough as it gets and will be there every step of the way every time. We were in CO hunting and bumped into a hunter and cameraman and he was telling us how his old cameraman could not keep up with him and cost him a very large moose as it took the cameraman an extra five minutes to get caught up to him and by then the big bull was gone. Never an issue with 24/7. Great guy to hunt with and an even better friend.

Hey Cody,
Congratulations on your great videos. I know how much time and effort it takes to try and make these things. I am also in the very beginning stages of doing the same thing you are. My goal is to also one day land myself a television show. I have put together two very short teaser videos from my 2011 Spring Bear Season and would love if you could check them out and let me know what you think. I've been hunting my entire life but just got into the filming aspect this spring and any advice would be fantastic. I have been in contact with Jason Peterson from Hunting Canada and Beyond and he is very interested in my videos and wants to air them on his show. I just finished them and am going to send them to him this week. I am extremely excited for this coming fall season because i know i am going to be able to get some more exciting footage of many different animals and i will post those videos when i get them as well. But if you could just check my two videos out and let me know what you think... it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Man,

Dana

First Video

Second Video

Cody great videos especially the bear hunting ones.... very informative for the country and what to look for in a spot and stalk area. Get the twins out of their offices more and make sure they don't break any tines....... :)

Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

The video are well done IMHO,About the only thing I would add is something about the area's you are hunting. maybe some scouting tape of the bucks that you end hunting during the season, some of the start to finish type scenes.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I enjoyed the several clips I've seen so far. My advice is to keep it real--avoid staged scenes, don't recreate kill shots or recoveries. There were a few funny parts; the more of those the better.

Nice, I subscribed to your youtube channel. Keep up the good work and the fun hunts. Hell, I even liked the ohio whitetail hunt. The video of those rutting bucks at the beginning was crazy. You seem like likeable guys and that makes it easy to enjoy. I agree with others...roll a commercial at the beginning but product spots during the hunt ruin the video, and no fake shots and walk ups...

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Dana, Nice job on the videos. I really enjoyed them, It was awesome to see that bear fall out of the tree. ha ha Sweet. I also thought your editing was done very well. thanks Cody.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom