2002 Wyoming Moose

RHarris

fc817e8f.jpg

Heres a pic of my 2002 Wyoming moose. He's not near as big as Predator's but it was a great time.
When we got up there a snow storm moved in. I got nervous about the weather and ended up taking the first bull we found.
We cut his track in the fresh falling snow, after over a mile of tracking we could here his love sick moans. I was able to get within 70 yards before I took him with my .270 Nosler hand loads. I wish I didn't have to wait another five years to start applying again.
I guess I will start applying in other states. Has anyone hunted Colorado for moose? Draw odds are not good but I am addicted to these homely beasts.

Thanks for sharing the pic . Nice moose . I have been saving my points in Wyoming for a few years going to start applying for a tag next year .

Conglads on the bull, Pretty long odds on drawing here in Colorado, I've been putting in for 10 years & no luck so far. I've got 4 points for WY, maybe I'll draw there next year !!

Nothing wrong with that moose, very nice. I've been buying my points for Wyoming, someday maybe I'll find one like that. Pretty sure I'll never draw a tag here in Colorado. Thanks

Thanks for sharing, and I might add, I had a lot of help from Blank with mine, without the snowstorm! Really, any OIL animal is a trophy in my mind.

But now do you want to hunt the other two subspecies like I do?

Lisa 35

Lisa,
The other two subspecies are definatly on my list. Like most everyone else here on MM I am a working stiff and its difficult at best to afford out of state hunts.
I think we should start another forum here on MM that people could offer up trade hunts, what do you think? I live in Southeastern Az and would be willing to offer my knowledge and time for any species in my area in exchange for any other north american big game animal.
Anyways, keep us up todate on your quests Lisa.

RHarris

Nice moose, I too have been buying points but I am going to start applying next year. Utah also has a few moose tags and I have seen some guided hunts with guarentee tags for reasonable prices ($4,000 or less). Ditto for Idaho, I think MT has some moose tags too. If you want a long trip try Maine or New Hampshire.

Or just go to Alaska for the big ones.

I'm no expert on those shiras moose by any means, don't know if that is a real big shiras bull or not....but if your happy with Shiras size bulls, you can hunt Canada moose here in B.C. cheaply, and expect to get a chance at a bull at least that size. There is an outfit near where I live that has a moose/ muley/black bear combo for $3200. Knowing what kind of critters north Central B.C. holds I would think you could realistically set your sites on a 40"+ bull, a 6 1/2 foot bear and probably a 150" or better buck. I'm in no way advocating this particular outfitter, I know nothing of him except where his area is, I'm just saying if you want a good hunt for a decent price and will be happy with less than a 60" Alaskan monster, BC might be worth a look! Just don't shoot the one I got all picked out for my freezer this year. Heres a couple decent bulls from around where I live.

fcc6530a.jpg

fcc411cf.jpg

fcc411d1.jpg

Chris

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom