2006 SD shed hunt

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-06 AT 08:22PM (MST)[p]Heres the total for the weekend hunt with my buddy. I found 19, and I think he found 17. I found the nice matched mulie 5x5, and we each found a side to the whitetail (he wouldn't give me the match haha). We walked for at least 8-10 hours saturday, and 3-4 sunday. We think we could walk a mile in 20 minutes, so doing the math we figured we walked about 32-42 miles....It was a long weekend. The bodies were sore, buddies knee started to get bad. In the end it was worth it. I set my record for sheds in a day with 17 on saturday, which is close to how many I had found already this year total. This is the year that I have really been hitting the woods, and its all paying off. Now if only I can get an elk shed.

4439c0da3cb7a009.gif

nice finds looks like your on the west side??
i grew up in sioux falls never found much over there

That's a great bunch of sheds, in one weekend nonetheless. What does that set of muley sheds score?

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I scored the sheds last night...I gave them like a 17 inch spread and it came out to 155 or so. Its the first time I really found muley sheds and I'm addicted. Nothing like finding a matching set of a good muley.

good job, 'bigbuck'...hard earned and well deserved...congratulations to both you and your buddy. problem at this end is i can only find elk, and no deer sheds...would love to pick up a nice muley set like you did....

What county in West River , Looks like you guys did pretty good, Sure is strange weather you guys have been having this winter,Hope you get out again before the grass grows to tall.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom