2007 OREGON ANTELOPE HUNTS

finnman

I have 9 points as does my wife, for speed goats in Oregon, I have never hunted antelope and I can't wait for the chance to do so! It appears that I may have a chance in either the n. malheur unit, beulah, or murderers crk. units. Does anyone have any insight as to which one may be a better hunting experiance, I'm not concerned with score mainly quality of the hunt. I have some knowledge as I have deer hunted in the Malheur,Silvies,Murderers Crk., and Beulah units, any help would be appreciated.

I have been in all of the units you talk about. In Beulah all of the antelope I have seen have been from the middle of the unit east. I believe you get more private the farther east you go. I think Malheur would be your best bet because the entire unit is antelope habitat. Murderers creek has limited antelope habitat also and I'm not sure how much of it is public. Good luck in the draw

lostinoregon, thanks for the reply and the info, from what I have seen in the Malheur unit during our deer hunts I would have to agree with you. thanks , jason

Jason

WIth 9 points for Antelope. If you and your wife apply together you will stand a chance at several different units. If I was in your shoes I would look at the Whitehorse Number 2 hunt. It is a real good hunt and with the points you have your odds of drawing it are pretty high. The number of Antelope in the Whitehorse unit is extremly large and there are some exceptional goats in this unit and the quality of hunt is great. Beualh you will run into alot of Private land and I do not know how the herd in Murderers creek and N. malheur are I would strongly reccommend you and the wife look at the 2nd whitehorse hunt.
Dave

Dave, thanks for the input, I do appreciate it and I will look into the Whitehorse hunt, If you think of something else shoot me a pm. thanks a bunch, Jason and Paula R.

We have hunted Murds-Creek for years. Rock Mountain Elk Foundation owns 20K acres outside of Dayville. It's LOADED with antelope. I drew after 9yrs and killed a nice one. My uncle and grandfather have drawn 3 times the last 4yrs and kill great goats every time.

muleyman

Muleyman, that hunt sounds like something my wife and I would be interested in doing. I will shoot you a pm with more ?s, thanks much, Jason and Paula

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom