2008 a good year

oldoregon

Very Active Member
Hello boys, remember me. I thought since it was now 2009, I would post some pics of last season. I had a good year, these are my only kills, but they were both killed backpacking. The bear 10 miles back in, and the elk 18.

normal_DSC_0076.jpg

normal_DSC_0073.JPG

I spent over 100 days sleping on the ground last year, guided many succesful hunts, and had my dream bow season, filling every tag I had. I also had 2 deer tags, and filled them both, but I have no pictures.

ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

GEEZUS!!!

WHAT ELSE HAS BEEN GOING ON???

YOU END UP HITCIN UP WITH THE CHICK IN THE PACK STRING???

NICE BEAR!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Nice to hear from you bessy. Nope, we aren't hitched yet, but were still getting along, but every one is invited to the wedding in a few years.

YOU'VE GROWN UP A BUNCH IN THE LAST COUPLE YEARS OO!!!

LETS HERE A FEW OF YOUR HUNTIN STORIES???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing those. Like you, I love the backpack-in hunts. An animal taken with a bow after a long pack in has always meant more to me than one taken close to a road. That chocolate bear is awesome!!! Hope you do just as well in 2009!

Holy chit its OO!!!!!!!
Remember when you posted those pics the were not really you and the fights between you and cass??
That must have been 6 or 7 years ago!!!!
How ya been dude?!

---------------------------------------
"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

Welcome Back Kid.
Man, you bring back some fun memories.
Hope '09 treats you well.
Glad to have you back.
HH

Glad to be back guys. Right now I am in Moyagalpa Niciragua, and was bored so figured I would give a shout to all you guys a monstermuleys.
About the hunts- That bear I killed in northeastern oregon, in the snake river unit. That is one hell of a rough piece of country. Some buddies of mine and myself have really figured out how to stalk the color phase bears over there. What we do is put one guy on one long knife ridge, and the other guy on the other. Basically we are glassing for each other, and using radios to key each other in to the location of the bears. We have yet to fail to fill a tag with a bow! It works so well, as many of you know, it is easy to spot bears in this country, and damn near impossible to get to them, especially within bow range. It is just such vast country, it is amazing that one little bitty guy on foot can actually manage to get in on those bears. I killed this bear on the 5th day of a backpack hunt. We snowshoed in 10 miles, got out on the ridges below the snow level, and started spotting bears. I made two unsuccesful stalks before finding this guy about 2 miles down the ridge, digging roots on a finger ridge. By the time I got to him 2 hours later, he was gone. I looked around where I had seen him, and noticed a ton of tracks going in and out of a little brushy draw, and the ground was just torn up where he had been digging biscuit root. I knew that he was probably just out of hibernation, and still to lazy to go very far, so I laid my chips on the fact that he would probably return in daylight hours. So after 5 and a half grueling hours of waiting, there he was at 43 yards. I pumped a good arrow forward through both lungs. Even as hard hit as he was, I shot him again at 60 to try and stop him from rolling, taking him through one shoulder. No luck on the rolling, he went about 900 feet in elevation before getting tangeled in some brush. I was on his ass most of the way, trying to catch him (still alive)as he slowed down above every rim, scratching to try and stay on top. I wish I could have seen myself, it must have been quite comical to watch this camo clad figure running head long down the canyon trying to stop a bouncing brown bear. Because where he died was closer to the bottom than the top, we de-boned and hung him, and returned the next day from the bottom to get him.
Elk story later-

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-09 AT 02:47PM (MST)[p]http://www.delsolwildernessadventures.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dsc_0084-300x199.jpg
dsc_0091-300x199.jpg

dsc_0104-300x199.jpg

dsc_0109-300x199.jpg

I spent 13 days backpack elk hnting in the heart of oregons eagle cap wilderness. I had opportunities each and every day of this hunt. When old milk lips walked by on the last day of my hunt, my trophy hunting ideals melted away. I thumped him at 38 yards, only 21 miles from the pickup. Luckily he died only 4 miles from a road, so my partner and I busted down the mountain in the full moon, and hitchhiked to town (stopped for a dinner of elk meat along the way of course). Both our packs weighed in at just over 100 lbs.

Ive been tag teaming with these guys for 3 years now. Here are thier bears from 2007.

Shays bear.
normal_2007_-_Shay__Spring_Bear_3.jpg

And Kirks.
normal_DSC01418_low_res.jpg

These are all backpacking wilderness archery killed animals in oregon.

Welcome back young man....thanks for photos. I recognize that last guy with the bear.....in fact I'd recognize that ugly mug anywhere. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

Nice pictures! I wondered what happened to you. Who was the girl with an MM login that kept a cyber eye on you? I can't remember her name.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom