2008 Wyoming

R

Rem308

I see the Nonresident license up 20% for 2008.I can handle the deer and antelope ,but $591 for general elk? Not Me !
Maybe for a quallity unit but not general.

I think you missed something, the price is higher than what you posted for Elk.

Non-resident Regular elk - $641; Special elk - $1,141.

Non-resident Regular deer - $366; Special deer - $606.

Non-resident regular antelope - $366; Special antelope - $556.

Non-resident moose - $1,416.

Non-resident Bighorn sheep - $2,266.

Brian

The difference between your two posts is that Rem308's price is if you don't want a preference point. Your prices include the preference point fee.

Am curious how many will be discouraged and not apply? With fuel prices as high as they are, gonna be a spendy trip! Only another hundo! Count me in!

I agree that it is too bad that hunting costs keep going up. At least in Wyoming a resident and non-residents can hunt an elk on a regular basis if they love to elk hunt like alot of us do. That is why I live in Wyoming. Not many states left that aren't becoming once in life time states. Utah, Nevada, Arizona have good bulls but as a non-resident IF I ever do get my one chance to hunt them, I will have put alot of money into that one hunt through years of applications. In Wyoming, residents and non's alike can kill some six points bulls and enjoy the experience of elk hunting while waiting for the lottery win of a life time to MAYBE happen in another state.
(My hunting group of five killed two bulls in the low 300's and one just under 300 this year in a general area and the others had oppurtunities at smaller bulls.)

You could always move to Wyoming and you won't have to pay the non-resident fees or state income taxes!
WYHunter

Did I read that right? Non-resident deer tags are up to $366 next year? My Dad and I started hunting Wyoming about 17 years ago and if I remember correctly, a tag was $183. I love hunting Wyoming and I always will hunt it...but that is nuts!!

Steve

183 17 years ago adjusted for 3.5% inflation would be roughly $330 in todays dollars. I agree that is a lot of money but maybe that's the market. Unfortunately, it will lead to even lower hunter recruitment.

>183 17 years ago adjusted for
>3.5% inflation would be roughly
>$330 in todays dollars.
>I agree that is a
>lot of money but maybe
>that's the market. Unfortunately,
>it will lead to even
>lower hunter recruitment.

Not likely; by the time somebody is ready to shell out $360 for a hunting lic, they are already hooked for life

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom