2009 Draw Odds

Interesting read but I think the author is wrong. Gas prices are low again and unemployment is not that high yet.But that can all change quickly.
I for one thought twice about driving 3500 miles with my Dodge ( 9mpg with Lance Camper and towing a20ft enclosed car trailer) last season with diesel prices between 4&5 dollars a gallon.My drawing of a once in a lifetime bison tag in addition to my General convinced me to go ahead and not be concerned about cost of my elk hunt.

I feel your pain Herb. I put about 4000 on my Chevy but got about double your mileage. It was a strain on my pocketbook. The thing was going into the draw we might not have figured things would be as bad due to gas prices. I have my tag and gas money back already and am intending to put in. I am also not going to "cheap out" and will put in for the special tag this time around. Hopefully I am headed to the desert for deer this Oct.

Pat C.
-----------------------------------------------------------

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backcountryhunting/

http://picasaweb.google.com/WillyP1956

He might have something of a point there. In 2007 region D tags were all gone in the draw, in 2008 they had leftovers. The applications for the premium areas didn't really decline, but I think a lot of people decided to just stay home rather than go hunt in a mediocre area. I don't think odds will increase for the premium areas, but I do think that drawing some of the general deer regions (probably not G or H) or a general elk tag might be easier for non-residents in 2009. Just my speculations.

Dax

Since gas prices are down, I'm speculating all the "general" tags in D will sell during the draw. It was nice last year seeing that they didn't sell out for region D. We've been used to only being drawn 2 out of every three years. Hopefully, gas prices will increase so I can get drawn for D again!! HaHa....NOT!

Steve

As much as I dislike the idea of playing the Wyo money game, if I can persuade my buddy we'll put in for the "special" to up the odds for our elk tags. Otherwise we'll have to settle for cows this time and just build a point.

I don't have a problem buying the special deer tag to increase my odds. But I can't spring for the special tag for the elk. I'll just have to wait longer for the elk tag I want.

Don P

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom