2010 AK Dall Sheep Video

That was a very fun watch! It is very cool that you got so much video of the experience. We got some great footage of our NWT adventure this past August and it is fun to visually relive it. Thanks for the heads up. Very nice trophies as well, especially DIY. Are you AK residents?

Great video watched it all. Only tip I would give is have a couple lattes before you start taping narration on your next one.

Loved every second of that video. I thought your talk-overs were very good. Congats on a great hunt and a great video. I am going to the NWT this year for my first sheep bowhunt. That gets me jacked.
I have a canon video camera like yours and I loved the adaptor you had for the spotting scope, what make was the adaptor? My buddy is going with me to film the hunt and will handle our big canon camera, but I like to use the smaller high def camera to get video though my scope or my 15X's.

Don

don,

thanks for your comments. the adapter is the tines up adapter. you can google tines-up and go to their store. they have adapters for most spotters on the market. good luck on your sheep hunt. i hope to get to the NWT before to long.

BTK,

Awesome video ! I was lucky enough to go guided with Max Schwab back in 07. Best hunt of my life.

You boys packed some serious miles!

A great hunt, and a beautiful ram, not to mention Mr Griz!!!

Congrats on an awesome hunt. My wife and I are booked for Alaska Dall sheep hunt this August and I can't wait.

good luck on your sheep hunt this year. what range are you heading to? i will be out in sheep country again this year can't wait. aug. 8th can't come soon enough.

We will be in the Alaska range fly to camp on the 17th of Aug. I need a few more months to drop the lbs put on over the winter, but definitly excited. Having a Ultra Light .284 win built for the wife off an old 7mm-08 model 700 rem. from MG Arms here in Houston.

how much is your new rifle going to weigh? does MG arms specialize in ultralight hunting rigs? where abouts in the Ak range are you heading? some beautiful country there. i had a 6.5 x .284 rifle's inc. ultralight built with a titanium action that weighs in a 4.5lbs w/o scope. i will start tuning it in soon. anyways, good luck again. i think it's awesome your wife is going along.

Be very careful with Kerry his word is worthless. He built a gun for me,it was promised in April finally got it in Dec.,after many phone calls, was told several times it would be shipped. Barrell was recalled a couple of years later, I was very hesitant to send it back to him, wish I wouldn't have. When I got it back it had a new receiver that the scope holes were drilled so out of line I couldn't use the custom mounts he made, had to use a set of weaver mounts to get enough adjustment.Showed it to a gun smith up here Ak. he started laughing. Talked to several people that have had about the same amount of luck with him. Iwould be very careful with him. I own several other custom rifles that I have had very good luck with Brown precision would be my first choice with Rifles inc. very good also.

Gun should come in around 4-3/4 lbs without scope.
Bigmoosie sorry to hear about that. A couple of issues like yours can wreck a company as bad news travels fast.I have always had good service with Kerry and have a few friends that have closets full of his guns with out issues. The shop is about 1/2 an hour from my office so its easy for me to run over and check in.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom