2010 Gubernatorial Candidates

SMOKESTICK

Wyoming Sportsmen,

The Natrona County SFW Chapter is holding their annual fund-raising event in Casper, WY this weekend, May 1, 2010. Wyoming Gubernatorial Candidates Rita Meyer, Ron Micheli, & Collin Simpson will be participating in a "meet & greet". Each will be given 5 minutes to address attendees as well as mix and mingle with Wyoming sportsmen and sportswomen.

For more information, visit our web site: www.wysfw.org

Do you know why Matt Mead is not going to be there? Might be good to know. I'd think any of the ones partcipating would be supportive of hunting and the Wyoming way.

Please get us a report if you can.

I believe Matt had a prior commitment. He asked us to play a video but I doubt we will play it as everyone else agreed to attend. I had hoped Matt would be able to make it but I have not spoken with him for almost a year.

I will post a report. Hopefully, someone else will as well.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-10 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]Can anyone think of a WY political candidate with an Ag background who ever put sportsman's interests anywhere near the top of their political agenda's. I can't. Along the same lines, I'd guarantee there isn't a single rancher politician who won't put their's and the States Ag interests over hunters and sportsman issues if there's a conflict between the two. Something to remember if you're considering Micheli or Mead. Simpson's family has the Bobcat Ranch, but he's never had an agricultural background per se even though he'll court the ag industry in order to try and get elected. Meyer is already actively courting the hunter/sportsman vote. If you're more interested in seeing someone who will represent the hunter in our state, you'll want to consider Meyer or Simpson. I remember when Bebout ran in 02, he did nothing to court the hunter vote. In 2006, I cornered one of Hunkins staffer's about some hunting issues. That lady didn't have a clue because he was after the rancher/oil industry vote. Hunkins did nothing to pursue the sportsman vote which is why this registered Repub voted for the other guy. Thanks for your efforts Gov Dave...

Triple BB,

Are you coming?

One thing that should be said; the State Republican Convention is wrapping up today. 3 out of the four Republican candidates have chosen to leave their state event to attend a sportsmen's event. I have not been able to get a hold of the independent candidate and I heard that a Democrat declared the other day. If you know either of these individuals please provide them with my phone number. I will send it to you if you need it.

Thanks for your comments.

Here is a great venue for Wyoming's Sportsmen to interact with candidates seeking their votes. What better time to let them know of sportsmen's issues?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom