2010 Lost/Found Items

BearCat

As I am writing another post from my Alaska Moose trip, it came to me to see what people have lost or found on trips THIS YEAR ONLY.

LOST: Havalon knife.

FOUND: Old Leather Hat

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-10 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]I have Found no gear this year. A couple of years ago I found a rifle, was able to restore it and I am going to hunt with it this year.
I did it legally, turned it into the sheriff and tried to find the owner. After a few months they gave it to me. I can't wait!

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Lost, on the second to last day of my LE elk hunt, had a oak brush decide to throw my glasses down the mountain side, looked for half a hour and gave up. replacments are $400

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Lost: Camera and brand new Desert Shadow jacket.

Found: Brand new Desert Shadow jacket after a short prayer and long hike retracing my steps through thick-as-hell oak brush.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-10 AT 10:58PM (MST)[p]I found this weather balloon receiver on Sept. 15th in a very remote spot. It says it was released in Salt Lake City in June of 2009. I was a long ways away from SLC. I mailed it back to them in SASE that was enclosed.

4501img_1638.jpg

West Desert Deeps

Lost uncle mike ammo holder with 8 rounds of 300 WBY
1 Kersaw knife with black case

Found an early Gerber hunting knife and sheath. Handed it over to my 14yr old son and told him if he can sharpen so it's capable of shaving my arm he can have it. 2 weeks late and hours later he has a new knife. Knife was nearly blunt on the tip and like a butter knife on the blade. Great training tool and conversation starter. Thanks to whom ever lost it.

Al

lost a brand new radio...

found my girlfriends willingness to do whayever i say about deerhunting and her enthusiasm to start hunting with a bow ;)

Ernesto lost his camera also on our Alaska trip--ok he really did not lose it--he found it at the bottom of one of the creeks we had to cross, but as one may expect it was GONE. We did get the pictures off of it.

Dean

About 14-15 years ago while on an out of state hunt I LOST my girlfriend. Turns out while I was gone she FOUND a new boyfriend. I once left my wife somewhere but neither of us was lost....

Leupold neoprene scope cover when it was pissing down rain, saw some deer & took it off, I guess it fell out of my pocket, may find it next year, probably not. Sunglasses on top of my hat fell when the horse I was riding decided to jump the mud hole instead of walk through it. almost lost myself on that one too.

Lost my nikon 800 range finder. Damn side pockets work really great until that one time they don't. Eventually i'll learn

Lost the passenger seat on my 4 wheeler, blew right off while driving. Lost a few arrows.

Found alot of Humble Pie in the Book Cliffs

I found a 3" long sharp rock in my tire early this morning while driving down one of Obama's forest service roads.

After loosing a ton of stuff in years past.

I now tether everything. I did loose a bugle tube is all this year.

Found another tube but was already rotted out so left it.

Lost my hat on my Alaska hunt. Took it off and laid it down so I could cool off, then walked off from it.

Lost Sitka Celcius beanie in MOT, found what turned out to be an unlucky horseshoe.

Lost: keys to the four wheeler. Had to walk 3 miles back, get the truck and load it up with no power...

Found: Radio collar on a dead cow elk. Nice dead bull 100 yards from where I hit him. Two good waterholes that didn't have trail cameras on them and a whole lot of new hunting country...

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-10 AT 06:31PM (MST)[p]Have at it Bearcat! it made need a little lube after this long

Lost my brand new cell phone at 13,000 feet.

found: the screw driver the guy used to smash out the window of my truck and steal every piece of hunting equipment that I own worth over $7000. Expensive screw driver!!

Lost a 2" ball off my receiver hitch two years ago in Co.

Found 2 full boxes of 06 ammo at the base of a big Oak in Texas one yr while on a deer hunt. Had been there so long the boxes were rotten and the brass had turned black.

Found a brand new javalena call still in the box , it was laying in the middle of the rd. in unit 36a Southern AZ.

lost a nikon coolpix camara on opening week on Monroe mountain. I think i must of set it on truck and took off.would of been somewhere between nielson trail ( we have cabin just east of there) and the bottom of monroemtn road going into monroe. Camara wasn't expensive, but sure will miss the pictures.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom