2010 Utah Taxidermy Competition

ForkWest

Very Active Member
I dont think Darin will mind me posting this here, the more publicity the better. Good work guys, this will be such a better venue!

It's been a while...

Grant, John, Tracy, and myself have been working all summer on a new venue for our taxidermy competition this year. As I'm sure most of you know, we were all less than enchanted with Cabelas this last year and decided it was time for a change. And change we did! This year our show will be held at the Western Hunting & Conservation Expo this February 11th thru the 14th in the Salt Palace. We are very excited to be having the show there for several reasons. Number one, they're GIVING us a 140 X 60 foot space to hold our competition. Two, over 60 thousand people will be viewing our show. Three, it will be totally enclosed and roped off so that no ones stuff will be petted, broken or otherwise mauled by grubby little hands. Four, we will once again be allowed to have venders and outside taxidermy suppliers attend and showcase their merchandise. I could go on all night but the list of pro's is long and deep. The only thing we will have to come up with is our own tables for the display of birds, fish and small pedestals. If any of you have an in with a wardhouse full of tables we might borrow for the week that would be nice. Otherwise we'll have to rent or buy them. (very expensive) Our judges have been contacted and ALL have committed to be there. This year judging birds and fish will be Mike Orthober from Wisconsin. He is a bird and fish world champion and I've been working on getting him here for three years. Got it done! Our life-size mammals judge will be none other than World Champion Philip Soucy. So, mount up your best cat and come learn from this talented artist. Gary Powell will once again be coming to judge this year and he will be our game head guy. Gary is very knowledgeable and a fine judge. Another thing that will be nice with this venue is we will have two whole days to set up and take in entries. That's a far cry from the 5 hours we're used to! Security at this show will be very tight, so you can also rest assured that your pieces will be safe.

That's it for now, if anyone has questions feel free to call or email me any time. Also, if you know of anyone that might not be on the email list and would like to get this newsletter, please forward it to them and let me know who they are so I can add them to the list for the future.

Best Regards,

Darin Gardner
[email protected]

The dates are there in the email, Feb, 11-14. I'll be there with a deer mount.

Wondering if it is mandatory to keep the entries on display the whole 4 days? That is a deal breaker for us that might come from out of state. Most comps only require you keep your piece on display for two days.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom