2010 Wyoming Draw

Thank you for this link. I have 14 PP (MAX-1) and am hoping to draw before I turn 60.

Any thoughts on the best unit to apply for with 14 PP? After all these years of waiting it seems hard to justify Units 1 and 2, with the lower success rates in those areas the past few seasons, and Unit 19 seems locked for now up by MAX point holders. That leaves Units 3, 4 and 5, with slightly better draw odds in 3 and 4 than 5.

Good luck in the 2010 draw.

HT

I've got until 2012 before I have to worry about the random draw odds.

HT,

I'm thinking you're planning on going guided. Either 3 or 4, with the right outfitter, would give you a good chance at a decent 160 type ram.

Best of luck to you in the draw!

Think on another forum, PleaseDear mentioned WYGOA was trying to get the guides law required to all nonresident WY big game hunting..Hope that never happens, but.....Don't know what I'd do. I know I mentioned possible rule changes as future gamechangers, would not have even thought of that one!

EF-----if you do 'that Ram Unit', I am doing the deer unit that overlaps your Ram unit.....

Could be a real photo shoot after the harvests!

Split cabin cost 1/2-ers......

Ya gotta believe!

Robb

HornedToad;
How old are you? Just thought I'd ask because my cousin drew in unit 3 this year with "max-1"! He shot an excellent ram that scored around 166" but looks 170"+. I would have gone with him but I had a Mtn goat tag and my daughter had a desert sheep tag! I hunter unit 3 in 1987 with my Brother and he felled a 162", 11 1/2 year old ram. (Yes, I'm approaching 60, ugh, back to the treadmill) If you're 59 years old you might even draw by the time you are 60!
Good luck in the drawing! You are in a better point class than me. I hope to draw in the next 3-5 years in one of the less premium units. (I'm glad I drew in Colo in 1990!)
We will all be excited to hear your stories and see pix when you draw!
Zeke

PD...Got to believe!!! My tag is as good as in the mail! Wait a minute,... isn't "The check is in the mail" one of the great lies:)

Would be cool,
Eric

With max points a NR will draw in area 1 and 2. While area 1 has had about a 50% success rate the last couple years there are several outfitters that have good success there. The local warden had a tag for area 1 this year and spent a good portion of the season there and saw about 80 rams. The air survey by G&Fish recorded over 400 sheep in the unit.

Area 2 had 29 tags for 2009(9 carry overs from 2008 due to Gun Barrel fire option), killed 22 rams.

Also, the tag in the Big Horns(area 12) will be offered to a NR for 2010. One tag was alloted for 2009 and the hunter took a 173, 10-11 year old ram.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom