2011 Archery Elk dates

oilcan

Long Time Member
So i have read there are alot of possible changes for the 2011 Elk season.I understand there may be changes to the dates of the season does anyone know what they are proposing?

I've heard that there will be changes, but haven't heard of them changing dates, at least not elk dates. If the dates stay consistant with the past the season would be from Aug 20-Sept 16. If they are making changes to the dates I'm sure we won't hear about them for a while.

The board meets in December to finalize changes and dates etc.. There has been talk about chaning the dates on LE Elk hunts in Utah. I am not sure on the exact details but if the proposals go thru the LE archery hunts would start about the first of Sep. and run about one week later than this year. The LE muzzleloader would start about a week after the LE archery with LE rifle opening about four days affter the Muzzleloader opens with the two seasons overlaping for part of the season.

Thanks jrbCO

So the LE Archery Elk hunts are shorter and only run a couple days longer than in the past if i am reading it correctly?

Wow, those are not good proposals. Why cut down the LE archery hunt and put the muzzy and rifle hunters in the hills together? Talk about screwing with the system even more...

And the late hunt has been moved up to Nov. 1 not sure how that will affect the hunt if at all.

SFW has really messed this state up. this is their proposal they are the ones behind it. dont kid yourself thinking other wise!!

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

The harder you work the luckier you get!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom