2011 AZ Predator Hunt

huntinfanatic

Here are some pics of my 6 day predator hunt. This is my first bear and to say Im excited is quite an understatement. We hunted ground blinds on waterholes and spot and stalk method. Day 1- Opening morning was spent checking water holes for track and I saw a big black sow with 2 cubs. Opening evening while sitting on a waterhole I saw a young black boar, just not quite big enough for opening day.
Day 2- Didnt see any bears all day but this dog came by the blind and I let him have it at 30 yards (My friends awesome photographer skills show with his shadow in every pic he took).
6179sergios_pics_001.jpg

Day 3- At sun up we crested the top of a small hill and I spotted a good sized black bear working its way up the next draw about 200 yards out. We quickly decided it was a shooter so I got into position and as soon as he cleared the pine tree I shot, dropping him in his tracks.
305sergios_pics_107.jpg

2804sergios_pics_102.jpg

I headed back to camp to take care of the bear and finish caping him out. My friend continued to hunt and was able to kill this beautiful brown and blonde color phase bear.
1853sergios_pics_117.jpg

Day 4,5,6- With a few days left to enjoy our trip we called coyotes, drove around learning new areas and enjoyed some cold ones at camp.
Our first stand on day 4 we had three dogs come in on my side and I got 2 of them.
7318sergios_pics_004.jpg

2897sergios_pics_006.jpg

Morning of day 6 we had a pack of 4 dogs come in on a full run. My friend got a little to excited and started shooting while they were still running in. He shot 5 times and didnt hit a single one(he'll never live that one down) as they ran back up the hill one stopped and looked back and I let him have a dirt nap.
6278sergios_pics_030.jpg

With a storm rolling in we headed back to camp, loaded up and started back for home. What an awesome week.

Congrats on your awesome bear. Nice to see those dogs put to sleep.

Congrats also on your friends beautiful bear. That's a gorgeous coat.

Eldorado

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom