2012-13 Draw Odds are Posted

As a NR my odds of a successful draw in my favored units (all '2nd tier' units) used to be 11 - 20%. This year one unit had NR success of 5.5%, the other at 6%.

Oh well, looks like despite all the rhetoric and frothing at the mouth, most of us NR's stayed in the game.

It looks like they removed the draw odds for previous years. It would be interesting to compare actual numbers.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-12 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]I didn't examine multiple units for a good sample size, but I can say for my preferred 3rd tier unit the unguided odds went from 10% to 7%. What is especially disturbing is the guided NR odds went from 90% in 2010, to 50% in 2011, to..............10% this year! Even my 2nd & 3rd choices (all 3rd tier) were 10% & 8" outfitter pool! Yikes that totally sucks. Much lower than I expected. Looks like residents flooded the outfitter pool bigtime. Not gonna pay for a LO tag so looks like I'm about done with NM. NM took a big step towards King's hunting rules for sure.

Scanning down the list it looks like the outfitter pool odds went to hell pretty much for all the hunts.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Zim,
You mean you are not going to blame SFW for not getting a NM tag. I expect to see you posting weekly about how the state of NM is currupt and is personally preventing you from hunting. Us UT guys have heard it plenty, please spread your love.

PS
I drew NM for the second year in a row. Cant wait to return to the Land of Enchantment.

Been lucky so far, statistically I'll have to buy a LO tag for the next 20 years before I draw a 5% unit again.

16A oufitted drawing odds 1.5% and 3%

16 D outfitted drawing odds 1.9%

Unit 34 NR unguided odds 1.6 & 2.9%

Def now a pay to play state, better get back to work so I can afford to buy a tag in 2013!

Muley73,
This year for me it was much better I didn't draw since I drew the New Hampshire OIL tag. I am monitoring NMSFW closely for any tag thefts and will be ready to put the hammer down if necessary. I do already belong to UBNM. Are you a member?

Nm land of outfitters & landowners.

I AM monitoring NMSFW closely for
>any tag thefts and will
>be ready to put the
>hammer down if necessary.

ZIM what are you gonna hammer down on???? on another thread you were called out as being a law breaker and tag theif...

Illinois land of Zim the pot stirrer

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-12 AT 07:45PM (MST)[p]What exactly were you doing when AZ HB2072 got shot to hell?
Washin yur tites?

Search the MM archives and educate yourself. Or give DP a call. He sure as hell knows who I am! :)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom