2012 bull

bigcreekmetal

39912012_elk.jpg

My buddy and I got up to our hunting spot on Friday afternoon and took off walking at 6:00 pm. Around 7:30 we spotted a real big 6 point bull and took off after him. He was making quite a show thrashing the brush around him and raking up the ground with his antlers then laid down right where he tore it up. As we were hustling down a ravine on our way to him we came across this bull 15 yards away standing in the bottom of the ravine and he didnt have a clue we were there. This one was half the size of the 6 point but was a guarantee so I put an arrow into him. I had to come home the next day on Saturday but my buddy had all week so he told me to take the first shot.

I couldnt be much happier with getting one with only an evening and a morning to hunt and getting him within the first couple hours.

My friend took off after that 6 point and got within 65 yards according to the range finder but the bull busted him and took off. Then on the way back to camp we ran across a 6x7 that was even bigger than the 6 point and 3 other bulls that were all great bulls. This was the smallest out of all of them. Two of the bulls were together and the rest were all by themselves. Wish I had some field photos to post but they are on my phone so I have to figure out how to get them off of there since I dont have texting. This bull and last years 5 point and the year befores 5x6 were all killed within a couple hundred yards of each other.

As I write this I just pulled a gosh darn fricking flea off of me that I know came off that bull. Last time I had a flea on me I was in grade school. That I know of anyway. Ticks are a different story. I dont think Ill tell my wife...

Nice bull. Congrats on getting it done. I hope your friend has the same luck as you and gets one also.

Great Bull!! Glad to hear someone got it done. Had elk in bow range 3 different days this weekend, but couldn't close the deal. Still scratching my head...

Ya thanks guys. Thats how it is most of the time it seems you come away scratching your head without a bull although this time I came away scratching my head with a bull trying to figure out how the heck we got that close to him without him or us knowing we were there. Its pretty darn rare for me to get that close to them without me seeing them first and making a stalk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom