2012 South Dakota antelope

delmag1942

Anyone planning on antelope hunting SD this year???? Better get a Wyoming leftover tag. South Dakota is not going to offer any non-resident tags for 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR where did you find this info? that really messes up my antelope plans.

Right on their website, under commission notes. I was out scouting this weekend and heard it in the bar. I will try to add a hot link.

I can't imagine SD won't still allow us NRs to buy a point even if we cannot buy a tag, at least they'd have to let the points carry over?

I've got 6 SD pronghorn pp, been saving them for things to get a little better there as I have been hunting WY the past couple of years. That'd really suck.

It is official....No NR SD antelope tags available in the 1st or 2nd draws! In addition there are 3919 less total tags for residents. Nothing like waiting until the herd is decimated! After the drastic losses from winter 08-09 the tag numbers were only slightly lower for the next 3 seasons, pounding the population into the ground! Sad to say the least!

They surveyed around 38k goats, down from an all time high of 81k and well below the population objective of 55k. I think north Dakota has cancelled their season the last 2 years.

DoeNob,

No doubt. That is the problem I have. Since the bad winters 08-10 they knew the population was down but did little to curtail the tags! Just keep poundin' 'em until they are gone? Probably could not pass up the NR $$ would be my guess.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-12 AT 02:20PM (MST)[p]It ain't that much $ I don't think, compared to say what hunters spend on bird licenses for pheasant hunting in the state. I think step one should be cancel all doe tags, step 2, reduce non res rifle tags. IMO they did it kind of backwards.

About a $125000 +/-. Damn right on the doe tags. 2010 I had the 3 tag set in Jones county. Got a solid buck after some hard hunting, ate the doe tags on purpose....not many around. I did see plenty of NR that were piling up does/fawns on the two tag package though.

You guys have antelope? I just drove border to border on 90. Saw a total of zero goats. Didn't see much of anything else for that matter. All in all, it was a very scenic drive. Not...

Just a few years back there were 80K+ Triple B, the 3rd most of any state! The most densely populated areas were the NW and SW. Make that same drive about the 2nd week of November right before dusk and see if you can make it through without calling your bodyshop (albeit deer not antelope)

It would really give them a shot in the arm if they would just shut it down for a year.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

They should have shut it down 2009 and 2010.....it would already be back!

That is why their draw is so late, they want to get their aerial count completed prior to the draw!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom