2012 Utah Draw odds are up

Someone drew my moose tag with only 3 points(bastard!), And I couldn't draw my deer tag at 1-1:6? Thats right baby, I am the lucky man!!

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

I'm not so sure those are correct. If I'm reading it right, everyone that had the same amount of antelope points as me that put it in drew the tag, but I didn't draw one. And only one person had more points than me. That just doesn't seem right.

Well that confirms that I would have been a lock (bonus tags) for my LE elk. Hope this buying a point idea til I'm done with school goes in my favor.

'Someone drew my moose tag with only 3 points(bastard!), And I couldn't draw my deer tag at 1-1:6? Thats right baby, I am the lucky man!!'

Jump on the Gen deer page and look at hunt 1580.

Yeh, that is me with 9 Gen deer pts and I didn't draw but every tag went to 1 or 0 pt. applicants.

So I am right there with ya being a lucky man! haha

Robb

>'Someone drew my moose tag with
>only 3 points(bastard!), And I
>couldn't draw my deer tag
>at 1-1:6? Thats right baby,
>I am the lucky man!!'
>
>
>Jump on the Gen deer page
>and look at hunt 1580.
>
>
>Yeh, that is me with 9
>Gen deer pts and I
>didn't draw but every tag
>went to 1 or 0
>pt. applicants.
>
>So I am right there with
>ya being a lucky man!
>haha
>
>Robb

Wasn't this the unit (Plateau, Thousand Lakes) that was messed up when a DWR employee gave the wrong permit numbers to Fallon, NV? In any case, it looks to me like they need to find 33 more permits, if not in this unit, then in the second choice units for these 33 people. How about it DWR?

>I'm not so sure those are
>correct. If I'm reading it
>right, everyone that had the
>same amount of antelope points
>as me that put it
>in drew the tag, but
>I didn't draw one. And
>only one person had more
>points than me. That just
>doesn't seem right.

Which hunt? (No, not witch hunt, though we may have to start one to resolve some problems with the draw system/sequence.)

>It was a SWD hunt.

I may be missing something, but I can't see any errors in either Southwest Desert hunt. If you are in the top 2 groups in the archery hunt or in the top 3 groups of the rifle hunt, the report says you should have received a tag. Maybe it was an error in the application (address, e-mail, DWR ID number, credit card). In any case, you ought to check into it by calling your regional office and please keep us posted if you don't mind.

FWIW, I've alerted Amy to this problem and others and we'll see what happens.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-12 AT 10:21AM (MST)[p]That's how I read it too, but no tag for me...
Another thing I found odd is you have better odds with three points than four, what's up with that? ?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-12 AT 06:41PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-12
>AT 10:21?AM (MST)

>
>That's how I read it too,
>but no tag for me...
>
>Another thing I found odd is
>you have better odds with
>three points than four, what's
>up with that?

Below the top groups, the draw is pretty much luck. Each person gets one chance for each point plus one chance for the current draw, but the group odds can all be vastly different because it pertains only to the group. And that depends on the number who applied and the number who lucked out. Although the 4 pointers have 1 more chance to draw than the 3 pointers overall, that usually doesn't mean much.

For clarity, the way the Limited Entry draw is done (or is supposed to be done) is that the computer picks one random number for each point an applicant has plus one for the current draw. Since the LOWEST number is the one you're looking for, the computer then keeps your lowest number and throws the others out and that lowest number is now the only number in the final draw.

The final draw consists of first awarding 1/2 (rounded down) of the permits (called bonus permits) to the applicants with the highest number of points?(maximum). If there are more applicants in the high point group(s) than there are bonus permits, then the lowest numbers in those groups are the winners, while the others get put in the second portion of the final draw, where the lowest numbers chosen from the remaining applicants are the winners until the permit quota is filled.

I know it's a bit complicated, but it seems to work most of the time. I'm not sure what happened in your case.

>I'd like to have the luck
>of the hunter out on
>newfoundland hunting sheep that didn't
>have to burn a SINGLE
>point!!!

I guess that there's hope for any applicant in the drawing even with zero points! Lucky turd!

Zeke

8 bonus points for Book Cliffs archery deer... 34 applicants, 33 bonus tags allotted. My brother was the lucky one who did not draw. What makes no sense at all is that 8 applicants with 7 bonus points drew bonus permits... Pretty sure one of those should have gone to my brother. He got hosed.

I think the DWR has everything screwed up. Checking Point totals versus our unsuccessful notices and some in our group have inaccurate bonus point totals.

The DWR says my Grandpa has 12 Bison Points but he has 13 unsuccessful notices saying point earned?? How is that right?

My dad also has 12 points for deer when it should be 13 like everyone else in our group but they have him as an unsuccessful in 2007 and applying for an Elk Point?? We have never applied for an elk point in our lives. We called the division and asked about this and all they could tell us was it was an error on our end when we applied and that they had the application with his choice for an elk point. Even though we apply every year as a group for Limited Entry Deer??? Strange how the other 3 people in our group all got our point that year but him?????

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom