2013 antelope hunt

accubond

Had an absolute blast on our first antelope hunt. Very tough animals to field judge but we will try to be more picky next time around.

8628012.jpg

Here is my buck. He has a small third horn on the bridge of his nose, anybody ever see that before?

6454009.jpg

My buddy's buck.

2123004.jpg

My brother's buck.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-13 AT 11:00PM (MST)[p]Accubond, Join the club on field judging! :) I especially sucked because did a combo and was archery elk hunting the Bighorns for 2 full weeks prior to my desert lope hunt. I was tired. Did you get to shoot in the 70 mph crosswinds? My 180 gr bullet drifted over a foot at 200 yards, but I got my goat! Tested some practice rounds that morning so I'd be prepared. I have no field photos because the wind blew dust into my camera telescope lens and jammed it. But it was same size as yours. Only saw one big one and he surprised me twice......once while loading jeep in the morning 300 yards away, and the other time out my driver side window 100 yards. I won't shoot out a window.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

The unit was in the vicinity of Casper. We hunted in high winds as well but finished the day before they were expecting the 60 and 70 mph crap. My brothers goat was shot at 450 yards but the wind was quartering. Hope your camera isn't ruined?

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

I was west of Casper in northern Red Desert. Spent the night there between hunts at Sleep Inn. To my amazement my 12' x 12' Cabelas Alaknak wall tent survived the wind unscathed! I had no business even setting it up, could have used my smaller dome tent.

Thanks everyone. Zim, did you get your goat? How about that third horn on the bridge of the nose on my buck, has anybody ever seen that?

Extra horn growths occur on about 10% of the very mature bucks I have seen (lived and hunted in Wyo 40 yrs) and the most common area is the bridge of the nose.

Heres one I shot several years ago in New Mexico with an extra horn on the bridge of the nose. IIRC, I've shot at least 3 with extra horns.

IMG_3667.JPG

Closer look:

IMG_3687.JPG

Thanks for the feedback guys. Buzz, that is a great buck and that is real close to where my horn is. What does that buck score Buzz?

Yes I got one, but no photos because the 70 mph winds blew dust in the telescoping lens and disabled it. The wind completely subsided the following day.

Zim, I forgot you already mentioned that in your previous post. How big was he and what did you think of your unit?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom