2013 Deer Hunt With My Sons

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-13 AT 04:42AM (MST)[p]Two of my three sons came to NW Wyoming to hunt mule deer with me this year. The oldest son lives in Colorado and the middle son lives in Idaho. I was hunting on a general tag and my sons had regional nonresident F tags. All the hunts were on public land. My oldest son made a 425 yard heart shot on his buck with a 7mm Remington Magnum. His longest shot to date. A 4x4 with a single eye guard.

My middle son took his buck the next day. His older brother spotted the buck and the stalk was on. This buck was in heavy timber and my son took it with a long head shot. The buck was standing behind a tree forever and this was the only shot that was presented. This buck was hinky and was accompanied by a group of does that were very nervous. This buck was by far the best muley buck we took. A 4x4 with eye guards.

My buck was taken on the same day as my oldest son. It was a 21" 3x4 and the smallest of the three bucks we took. I shot him as he ran across a steep hillside. He tumbled down the hill and lodged up against a deadfall with his head up.I thought he was still alive and quickly took another shot. He ended up with two shots to the neck. He was dead after the first shot and my sons razzed me for shooting twice.

It is not every year that I get the opportunity to hunt with my sons. They have their own families and it is not easy to get together. I started hunting with these boys over 25 years ago and they both enjoy hunting mule deer just like I do.

Nice work guys!!! Cant complain about the family time or hunting with a general tag!!

Great hunt and bucks!!! I assume you meant that you were hunting on a general tag and your nonresident sons drew regional tags for the area you hunted.

Yes, my sons had Regional Tags for the area. No LE tags for any of us. I have never drawn a LE deer tag in the 13 years I have been here.

Good Bucks and some great family memories.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

mightyhunter,
great photos and story. I really need to talk with you via phone for advice on 105/106/109 as I am the guy with his wife who has 8 accumulated non resident points. I used to live in Evanston, Wy but never hunter those 3 units. If possible I would like to not have to use a guide. I plan on entering the special non resident draw which will give me (based on last years draw odds) about a 75% chance of drawing for both of us. I am considering 7D Ranch and Meade Dominick but I don't think I can afford to go guided with them or anyone else.
Please help me,
Stu Mauney
Jesup, georgia
912-424-8235
[email protected]

STU: I did a C/P of your request and sent it to mightyhunter in a PM so he sees it quicker than possibly relying just on this thread to get it to him! Good luck!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom