2013 Goals

twsnow18

What are everyone's goals for this Fall?

No luck in the Idaho draw, so I picked up some OTC tags on Wednesday. Every time I do so it reminds me of how lucky we are to be able to have a chance at each species each year. No points, no left overs or random draws for combo tags to be able to have a good hunt here. Even if it's not like it was back in the glory days.

Thanks to some good buddies willing to share points in Wyoming, I'm headed there in early October for a first antelope for all of us. Couldn't be more excited!

Other goals are to help huntfishfeed kill a monster bear with his bow during his LE hunt, help my brother kill his first elk on his LE tag in December and to personally take any general season bull and a mature buck during rifle, or late archery if need be. It doesn't have to be a wall hanger. All in all, to have a busy, adventurous and safe Fall in the woods. Heading out for some more scouting this weekend, under 50 days until opening day, cant wait... How about you guys?

My goal would be to spend a week on each hunt I have a tag for... but it probably won't happen.

I've got an unlimited antelope tag, its right during archery elk season, but I'd like to give it an honest effort, if I have the time.

I've got an extra cow tag, and my wife has a cow tag as well. Will have to buy another freezer or two, if all goes well.

I'm going to hunt whitetails this year for the first time. Went up scouting for a few hours for the extra cow tag/whitetail tag.

Other than that, I'd really like to do some serious goose hunting this winter. I picked up a dealer account with Dakota Decoys as well as Hard Core decoys so hopefully I can build a spread pretty cheap this year.

Cow tags and more Cow tags. My 15 year old has an Oregon youth Cow tag that starts August 1st. We would love to have it down in the first 3 days of the season. With football starting up we might be like last year and working hard the last few days of the season to get it done, December 31st. I have a cow tag for the same unit just mine doesn't start till mid October. We have a Wyoming Antelope hunt for mid October that we plan to pick up a couple cow tags for the same area. Then my oldest son moved back to Idaho this year and will be a resident by October so late October we will hit some old stomping grounds up around McCall to see if we can pick something up (Maybe a Wolf). Then last I have a unit 31 Buck tag. I probably wont hit the unit till the last 10 days or so. I might get my buddy to take me for a quick scouting trip in his plane. :) Should be a fun year. These days it takes 3 elk to keep all the kids fed, so we had better hit it hard.

DZ

My goal is to get 3 animals with my bow this year! bull buck and a bear. so close last year, but I have a good feeling about this year.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein

This year I am planning on hunting OTC elk for the first time with three buddies in a new area for all of us. I've chased them ever since I was old enough too, but never with 2 other guys. Getting the chance at a branch antlered bull and a respectable buck this year with my bow is my ultimate goal. With 12 actual hunting days planned and a scouting trip hopefully we can make it happen.

After that hunt wraps up I'm going to spend some time reducing the local coyote populations with the Mrs.

To harvest a b&c muley buck with my son. Either one of us hopefully him.

Now that I think about it, I wanna find the buck I passed up last year. Had him dead to rights but he lost an antler.

Sounds like not everyone is a trophy hunter on this board. Good luck and hopefully everyone has a year consisting of great memories and filled freezers. Be sure to take lots of pictures!

Scout and hunt every chance I get to find and kill the DREAM BUCK,OLE GRANDADDY, B+C MONSTER. (Same goal as every other year).

>Sounds like not everyone is a
>trophy hunter on this board.
>Good luck and hopefully everyone
>has a year consisting of
>great memories and filled freezers.
>Be sure to take lots
>of pictures!

Maybe it's just me but I consider any animal that I get with a bow a trophy. These animals allude predators for a living. Roughly 9 in 10 hunters every year dont play their cards right and dont harvest an animal.

When I am able to beat their senses and be blessed enough to harvest one, that's a trophy to me.

+1 Infoman

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

Antelope in Wyoming with my oldest daughter will be first priority, then hopefully a clearwater whitetail hunt with my little one for her first year hunting. Got a Muzzy deer tag in UT if I have time.----SS

>Maybe it's just me but I
>consider any animal that I
>get with a bow a
>trophy.

I agree 100%, nothing easy about it for you archery guys.

To get my girlfriend her first ever bull elk. To fill both my OTC elk tag and to take a mature bull in unit 18. To get my gf her first bears in WA and ID and to kill a booner whitey in WA

To Kill 6 Bull Elk. Taking a friend of mine and his teenage son from Missouri bowhunting for elk the first of September. It will be their first elk hunt. Then bowhunting on my own mid September to kill my bull, got a bone to pick with a big 6 point bull i shot high on last year... Then I'll be taking my mom, dad, and 14 year old son on a special draw rifle elk hunt in October. Hope to help my 73 year old dad kill a big bull, not sure how many more years he'll be able to go. He's the one that took me elk hunting in the back country since I was a boy. My mom won't be so picky, she's got the biggest bull to date in their house anyway. This will be my sons first bull also, so hope to get him a good one as well. They all eat good... Ok, I could be happy with at least 5 bulls.:) Got more scouting to do in the next month! If I can squeeze it in, maybe an archery antelope too. Bring it on.

A bull for eats, a buck for the wall. Five wolves for conservation.

40 days out with my boy & great friends, really hoping to make 40 days.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom