2013 NM Desert Raffle Hammer

greatwestern

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-13 AT 09:02AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/9625img_5443.jpg

Jim Hens, his cameraman Tyler, and friends Chris and Felicia Cammack of Prairie Mountain Wildlife Studio joined us at Frontier for Jim's Raffle Desert bighorn hunt. We all had a wonderful time in the high desert country of the land of enchantment, killing old Kaiser Soza the evening of the 7th day. This cagey beast gave us a real run, pulling wily muley buck type moves to successfully evade us several times over the course of the hunt. After two attempts with the bow resulted in getting winded from within 60 yards by the fickle and rather uncooperative breezes while waiting for the ram to get up and present a quality archery shot opportunity, Jim made the wise decision to take up the rifle. He killed his tremendous ram from 290 yards after we bedded him in the early AM, completed the lengthy stalk, then waited close to five hours for the ram to get up out of his well concealed snooze spot. Walking up to him was mind-blowing to say the least. We knew he was giant, and figured him at a solid 190, but he surprised us by just a few inches :)

Special thanks to Billy Corliss, Bobby Duran, and Keith Terrell for holding down command...you guys frikken rock

8708img_5444.jpg

195 4/8 green/gross (NMGF measurement), 42 3/8 and 41 1/8 x 15 7/8, with 11 1/8 3rds

9211kaiser_soza_035.jpg

Frontier Outfitting's Quari Silva, Adam Simms, GT Nunn, and Andrew McMillan with Jim and his desert monster

3965jim_felicia_and_chris.jpg

Jim wih Felicia and Chris Cammack

5724kaiser_soza_037.jpg

La Raza

Kaiser Soza was growing his 13th year, was missing most of his teeth, had a dislocated shoulder, a frozen knee, and a split lip, and was the savviest wild sheep any of us have ever hunted, that's for sure

Cheers Everyone, enjoy!

Adam

Holy sh!t GW, that thing is unreal!
It's also a cool story about a cagey old ram.
I've said it before "I can't even dream that big"!
Thanks for sharing and a hardy congratulation to all involved.
Zeke

That's the king of the hill right there!!
D Rams just don't grow any bigger than that crafty monster.
You and your crew never stop amazing me...producing a constant string of curly horned prizes.
Kudos to you all!

mejdiikm ermgsueokeodnndeo !!!hoooernemmmespwjhhgqllpoejjj!!!!

That is the babble that came out of my mouthn when I saw that Ram...won't even try and use a word to describe...that haven't invented a word to describe that Ram....

I mean that has to be one of the top EVER I would think....

Adam and crew

that is an unbelievable DBS. Congrats to Hens.
If I had his $$, I would be spending it the exact same way. Good for him!

Congrats to all involved.

I don't know what to say to this

my jaw dropped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics and story of this great ram. What a treasure to see and congrats on the hunt. Another monster ram for Jim and all of you guys!

That is a fantastic animal. I say the finest North American animal taken this year. Congrats to all involved and Hens has a collection of monster rams. GDUB you da man!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom