2013 NM Rocky Raffle Hammer

greatwestern

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-13 AT 05:44PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/905img_4855.jpg

Rocky Mountain Bighorn raffle permit holder Jeff Demaske and old Silvertip. Jeff hunted with us at Frontier in the magnificent high country of beautiful northern New Mexico. Jeff, GT, and I had a great adventure, killing the ram the evening of the fifth day in the alpine. We passed 5-6 book minimum type rams along the way, had this dude in range twice before with no shot presentation, bivied on the mountain at timberline with no sleeping bags (great fun :) ), hiked way too many miles, and generally had just a superb time. Jeff made a brilliant 572 yard shot from a sheep bed kicked into a steep talus face, anchoring the ram immediately where he'd stood in the green velvet swale below. The ram measures 186 1/8 green/gross @ 11 years old. Its Jeff's 13th North American ram, and completes his third Grand Slam. It is also his largest ram to date.

3311img_4843.jpg

39 4/8 around the curl x 15 2/8 base with 9 7/8 3rds

4959img_4847.jpg

9233img_4850.jpg

Cheers Everybody

Adam

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-13 AT 05:51PM (MST)[p]Georgeous ram. Congrats to the lucky hunter

I'm sure the hunter is a great guy but it chaps my butt that he has killed 13 rams when some people, including my self, have never had a tag for one. I know, I'm jealous.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-13 AT 07:08PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-13 AT 06:18?PM (MST)

Jealous or not, most of us are thinking... "How does a guy win a raffle after a dozen other, "ovine adventures" (a term GW coined)?

Not only did he win a hunt, he got to share it with the World Famous Frontier Outfitting and GW himself.
Now that's livin' the dream!

Congrats to Jeff, and the FO crew on an amazingly beautiful ram.

Nice knee pads GW! Did you bivy in those shorts?
Dang you NM guys are tough! LOL

That's an unreal ram Iv'e seen in my dreams many times. It will be a hard one to beat. Congrats to the hunter and crew.

>Jealous or not, most of us
>are thinking... "How does a
>guy win a raffle after
>a dozen other, "ovine adventures"
>(a term GW coined)?

Raffle tags in NM are transferable, so it's possible that he purchased the tag from the winner. Or he could just be lucky. Mr Demaske purchased the CO statewide sheep tag this year. If I'm not mistaken, he has only been hunting sheep a handful of years. Tremendous ram there. Congrats to the hunter.

I think they mistakenly pulled his name from the raffle bucket and not mine, Adam.. You should have corrected that for me at the dinner!

My GAWD... what a ram. My dream right there.. A NM Wheeler Peak monster.

------------------
DRSS

Most of us can't even dream that big!

Congrats G-dub on another mountain beauty (oh, and the hunter too).

Well done my friend.

It almost makes me feel bad that I said you're uglier than I pictured. LOL

Thanks for sharing the crew's success.
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-13 AT 11:14PM (MST)[p]Thanks a bunch from all of us, glad most of ya enjoyed it...Cheers Boys! :)

**edit---tried a couple times to put up a bit of video for ya guys, but it don't seem to wanna work

maybe try again later

Hoooly Sheep...what a great looking Ram...wow.....hmmm that is pretty much a perfect Ram

I keep sending in my NM Sheep Application every year and they just keep sending it back....

Beauty...

Aside from some of the truly huge Monster Muley bucks that get posted here from time to time, IMO, this Ram is one of the most magnificent trophys to be posted here this year. Congrats!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom