2013 Saskatchewan whitetail

bigbucksk

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-13 AT 11:36AM (MST)[p]I was able to take this buck on the opening morning of our whitetail season after watching my target buck (first picture) get beat up by a bigger buck. I had the target buck in my crosshairs at ~300 yards but decided to go after the bigger buck instead. While stalking in on the bigger buck who was chasing a doe with another decent buck, I looked to my left and saw this buck crossing a hayfield and heading towards the action. At just under 200 yards I took the shot and dropped him where he stood.

10155835566_dd346c7c1d_c.jpg

Walking up to him:
10875528913_4fdb488c07_b.jpg

10875161115_d13d88dbae_b.jpg

10875243984_e08b3367c0_b.jpg

10875065545_8cca648d2c_b.jpg

Coincidentally he ended up dropping about 10 yards from the spot where my 2012 whitetail ended up going down:

10875618025_bce33b534f_c.jpg

awesome buck, congrats! what is that antler laying against his rack? was that a shed you found on your way over to him or something?

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I wanted to prop up his head for a different angle but there was nothing around that I could find so I used one of my rattling antlers instead.

2 years and 2 bucks like that within 10 yards?
Must be a good spot. Why hunt elsewhere?

Congrats on another fine buck. Guys dream for just one like that in their lifetime.

Zeke

Oh, I love the pics too!

Awesome bucks, congrats.

Those pictures turned out incredible, have it printed, framed and put on the wall right under the shoulder mount.

NOW THATS IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great bucks. Must be tough to hunt a place that has numerous bucks like that to choose from. Looks like wheat stubble to me. Would you guys be cutting wheat for hay?

Congrats on two great bucks and you take really good pictures, too.

Thanks for posting.

>Awesome bucks, congrats.
>
>Those pictures turned out incredible, have
>it printed, framed and put
>on the wall right under
>the shoulder mount.

No shoulder mount on this guy unfortunately...my first buck to crack 170" will get a shoulder mount.

I do plan on getting the second picture done up on canvas to hang with the euro mount though.

>Great bucks. Must be tough
>to hunt a place that
>has numerous bucks like that
>to choose from. Looks
>like wheat stubble to me.
> Would you guys be
>cutting wheat for hay?
>
>Congrats on two great bucks and
>you take really good pictures,
>too.
>
>Thanks for posting.

This area is mostly re-seeded grass that sits under water about 1 in 3 years. The last picture shows what the field looks like after being underwater all summer and not allowing equipment on. This year it was cut for hay.

Its got to be that lucky Hoodie, mind if I borrow it from ya. LOL

Great bucks, looks like they have simmular gentics, with the sticker points on the left side on both of em.

How big was the big buck that beat up your target buck?

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

>Its got to be that lucky
>Hoodie, mind if I borrow
>it from ya. LOL
>
>Great bucks, looks like they have
>simmular gentics, with the sticker
>points on the left side
>on both of em.
>
>
>How big was the big buck
>that beat up your target
>buck?
>

From the few minutes that I watched him my guess was a 155" buck as a 5x5.

I've heard a few shots in this area but there are lots of smaller bucks in the area also and the big bucks tend to stay away from the roads so I am hoping that my target buck and this other guy survive the season and show up next year.

That a Great Buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congratulations on taking a fantastic buck! That whitetail is outstanding, long tined, heavy, symmetrical...he's got it all.

Like others have said, that second picture is simply outstanding. What a great picture.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom