2014 whitey

nfh

Long Time Member
Filled my late season tag on this bad boy. Seen lots of does and a small handful of small bucks and one beast. but he presented a bad shot angle. All week I thought about that big buck. he was a solid 140-150ish.

This guy came out with 10 does rutting hard. I actually seen this buck the other day chasing his does. he has lost a bunch of weight from trailing them does..

Only one more tag to fill and that's my late season bull tag that opens in December.

100_1962_zps24317884.jpg

100_1964_zps4049047a.jpg

100_1968_zps37304a17.jpg

Nice buck...nothing better than chasing whitetails this time of year.

Headed to Montana this coming week to do the same.

Congrats!

Nice Buck, Congrats!!

I think most of us wouldn't swap a good Muley hunt for a good Whitetail hunt but i would sure swap the meat pound for pound. One of, if not, the best eating bucks i ever killed was a bit smaller than your Whitetail, killed by Devil's Tower in 1977 or 78. That deer didn't last in the freezer very long at all! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Haven't been whitetail hunting in 3 years now, looking at a nice buck like that makes me kind of want to go again. Congrats!

Thanks guys.

Boy has it been cold here. This last week its been -13 to -18 in the morning and a high of 5. This cold snap is been rough. I cant recall ever being this cold this early...

Fine buck, nfh!
You've had yourself another fine year.
I'll be waiting to see your late elk report.
Luck to ya,
Zeke

>Nice whitey!

Glad to see your back Topgun!!! Any truck problems this year??? I Feel bad for canceling out on the riding trip but I sold 10 horses/mules and im down to only 2 animals and my dad was using them for his hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-14 AT 06:18PM (MST)[p]>>Nice whitey!
>
>
>Glad to see your back Topgun!!!
>Any truck problems this year???
>I Feel bad for canceling
>out on the riding trip
>but I sold 10 horses/mules
>and im down to only
>2 animals and my dad
>was using them for his
>hunt.

No problems with the truck out there this year Michael and no need to feel bad about the horseback plans we had. It just wasn't meant to be, but maybe one of these days we can get together and I can see some of the beautiful country up where you live!

I was out for 7 weeks and had a great time like I always do. My best buddy over in Sheridan got a B&C buck antelope that will break the 82" mark and another buddy got a bull that will go around the 330" mark. Another friend missed a nice bull and his boy got a nice 4x4 mulie in the short weekend they had to hunt with us. The one other guy at camp for a few days was Travishunter3006 on this site and he also shot a real nice 4x4 mulie. I was after a big mulie I saw last year and spotted him 3 times again this year, but just couldn't get a good percentage shot at him and passed.

It's looking like we are going to go on a guided horseback hunt next year in Region G so I can burn my 6PPs and get out of that rat race, LOL! That's about the only way I can do a high country hunt now at my age. My buddy in Sheridan can hunt that on his general OTC tag, so it looks like the plan will be to do that hunt and maybe some DIY time down there if we don't fill both deer tags and then come up to our normal area in early October for some antelope and elk hunting. If John draws a LE bull tag, I'll probably go out early and help him on a bow hunt in September before we head down late in the month for the deer hunt.

I got snowed out again up in northern MI like last year, but got in the first week of the season before bailing out of the cabin on Friday. I'll still be able to hunt with my ML around home here this week and then we have a separate ML 3 week season next month, so I'll be busy until about Christmas time. Good luck on your late season elk hunt and congrats on the whitetail!

Good deal Mike sounds like you guys nailed it and without problems. Congrats to all of you.. Good luck to ya

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom