2015 Antelope

oregonmuley

Very Active Member
Well, I just got back from my annual Wyoming antelope hunt, pretty happy how it turned out especially after last year. My hunt last year was pretty tough as far as antelope hunting goes but ended up with a small buck. This year was much different.

It was also my 1st time hunting opening day in this unit so that was a treat. Anyway, about 5 minutes into the hunt we spotted a buck about 150 yards out feeding in a small draw. My and my buddy both glassed him and figured heck we have only been hunting 5 minutes lets keep looking.

So we went on up the road, my buddy ended up taking a pretty nice buck later that morning and also managed to fill both his does tags.

So on the way out to drop him off at his pickup we stopped at the gate and sure enough that buck from the morning had only moved about 50 yards, but now he looked pretty nice.

So off I went after him, managed to drop down into the draw he was in earlier and got within about 120 yards and made a good shot and that was that. I was pleasantly surprises when I walked up to the buck and saw that I had been way off on what he was, I really thought at best he was no more than 13" tall, but his horns kind of go foreword a bit so that's why they looked shorter. Anyway, he ended up just a hair under 15" and OK mass, but I'm rounding it to 15":)

If you look at the picture, just to the left the open grassy area is where he was standing, I was in the shallow draw to the right when I shot. My trusty .243 sure does the trick on antelope!!

My buddy Darren and his buck taken with a 6XC. His 2 boys got to come along and see dad take this buck & 2 does.

congrats ! I need to make my way to Wyoming for a antelope hunt, have always wanted to kill one pretty bad. maybe next year I will make it that way! congrats to all the hunters.

Nice job on the hunt! Nice job on the pictures! Successful satisfaction, is painted all over your face.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom