2015 NV. RESTRICTED N.R. GUIDED DEER HUNT 1235

azbiggame

Very Active Member
applications now OPEN for this great opportunity,(40% over all), to draw a COVETED Nevada "ALW" deer tag.Deadline is Mar. 13th and results known by Mar. 25th.!!!
DO NOT wait 10 plus years to draw in Aprils general draw.In this SPECIAL DRAW, 0 Bonus Points can draw the best tags in the state and have many times.Contact your "FAV" Master Guide and start the process into hunting Mule Deer in NV. this Fall ...

Good Luck ... Bruce & SilverGrand

I may not be real accurate but you can draw with 0 pts in the general draw and the last time I looked close at the odds,the unit I am after was like 2% chance with 18 pts and 4% guide drawing. not a hole lot of help,but I have many places to hunt while I wait.

Thanks for the PM S ... a great way to draw and not wait "FOREVER" TO hunt Mule Deer in the SILVERSTATE ...Bruce & SilverGrand

Above normal moisture? I just looked at a drought map a couple days ago, and it showed Nevada below normal in most areas.

Not trying to start a fight. Just wondering...

that is o.k. ? My boots are on the ground in AZ. & NV. recently not looking at a "Drought Map" ... Bruce & SilverGrand

No offense but any one that lives in Nevada could tell you that NV is no where in the ball park of above normal moisture. The only thing above normal here is the tempature.

I am from Nevada and my boots are on the ground every single weekend. This is the least amount of moisture I have ever seen. Maybe the southern part of the State is different, but central and northern parts of the State are hurting. I was hiking last weekend at over 7,600 feet and there was dust flying up from my steps.

shedneck how was ur hike for weather ballons last weekend did you find any?

Nevada is going on year 4 of a major drought. Less than 20% of normal precipitation across the northern and eastern portions of the state.

North of reno last year it was green all summer long some places got good summer rain some places didn't

North central NV, snow has hit the valley floor 1 time all winter, just enough to make it white. Mountain snows are almost already gone! Peaks that historically hold snow until July are almost void of snow already. No rain, nothing!
Probably the only thing keeping the state from blowing away were the monsoon rains of late summer last year!

"Above normal moisture" ????? No....not even close!

This time next week,wed 25th.there will be 400 + ALW deer tag holders planning their trips to NV.Congratulations ... Bruce & SilverGrand
FYI ... MORE rain forcasted Tonight in S. NV. ☺

FYI...NO rain forcast for N. NV for the next 10 days. The rain in S. NV was spotty at best.
Not trying to burst your bubble, just not trying to bs anyone about the real conditions.

NR Guided deer hunts...

Guide services... Anything directly guaranteed by a government agency to any company, even a guide service, that directly results in a profit could be considered as a subsidy.

NR hunters... Anyone that pays for a shortcut to success, particary in pursuite of an award or PR, or even just a personal pat on the back is no different than someone that takes steroids just to win a bench press competition.

Scout and/or do your research to EARN your own success.

IMO :)

I disagree......steroids would relate more with poaching since it is illegal. Hiring a guide would be more like a personal trainer. So remember, if you get healthy with the help of a personal trainer, don't be walking on the beach with your shirt off......losers!---------SS

>I disagree......steroids would relate more with
>poaching since it is illegal.
>Hiring a guide would be
>more like a personal trainer.
>So remember, if you get
>healthy with the help of
>a personal trainer, don't be
>walking on the beach with
>your shirt off......losers!---------SS

I feel similarly about personal trainers, but the comparison is fairly weak. Especially since it takes months of training to usually get into shape, and you the trainee are actually doing the exercises. When hunting with a guide, they do most all of the heavy lifting and the hunter tags along.

Hunting guides, as it directly relates to hunting sucess, do all of the preseason scouting and most all of the useful glassing and searching during the hunt. The hunter in most cases rides in truck and follows along waiting for his guide to locate his trophy.

I've never been on a guided hunt so I guess I wouldn't know, but I highly doubt that it's as simple as you suggest. If so, why are the stats for the guided hunts not 100%? Anyway, I could care less either way but I tend to try to live and let live. --------SS

Nontypical - Your jump to insult confirms that you lack the necessary fortitude and intelligence to have a resolved and intellectual debate.

Happy booger eating buddy :)

I've never have used a guide, but I doubt if you rode in a truck in the Ruby Mountains there would be much trigger time. I suspect its that way in most of the units and definitely that way in the units I have hunted.

I enjoy a DIY buck more than one where I would simply be the trigger man, no matter how hard I worked to follow the guide and how much bigger deer would be that I tagged. That said, I don't begrudge those that use a guide nor those that guide them, especially Bruce.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

the Draw/Results will be known for those "GREAT" Nevada deer tags by Noon on Wed. to the guides that attend.I will be their ... Good Luck to ALL that applied ... Bruce & SilverGrand

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-15 AT 10:30PM (MST)[p]Bruce, Do the Tag Holders have to show up to hunt? According to "Bombardeer" You could just mail them the "Hero Photos"!

Showing up is the easy part... So is riding shotgun, following your guide in the hills, and pulling the trigger. The hero photos, patting yourself on the back, and chest pounding come after that.

Even our idiot president shows up to work from time to time... But showing up doesn't mean a damn thing. You can still show up and suck at what you do... In my opinion, those that hire guides and "show up" are either crappy hunters or are too lazy to earn a trophy and their success.

So, let me get this straight.

People who hunt with guides are crappy hunters.
People who road hunt are crappy hunters.
People who shoot long range are crappy hunters.
People who buy auction tags are crappy hunters.
People who use trail cams are crappy hunters.
People who use ATVs are crappy hunters.
People who share points are crappy hunters.
People who buy ranch tags are crappy hunters.
People who hunt on a CWMU are crappy hunters.
People who film their hunts are crappy hunters.
People who shoot pisscutters are crappy hunters.
People who use scopes on a muzzy are crappy hunters
People who hunt the rut are crappy hunters.

I've learned a lot from my time on the internet, but I fear I'm forgetting a few.....please feel free to chime in. Who exactly are the crappy hunters? I am a crappy hunter and I enjoy the hell out of it. -------SS

I only utilize guides when the odds necessitate or required by law. Keep in mind that all NA Super Slammers must not be hunters, as NO LESS THA 12 of the 29 REQUIRE a guide. In addition the guided hunts I have been on were no different that the DIY hunts the I do.

>So, let me get this straight.
>
>
>People who hunt with guides are
>crappy hunters.
>People who road hunt are crappy
>hunters.
>People who shoot long range are
>crappy hunters.
>People who buy auction tags are
>crappy hunters.
>People who use trail cams are
>crappy hunters.
>People who use ATVs are crappy
>hunters.
>People who share points are crappy
>hunters.
>People who buy ranch tags are
>crappy hunters.
>People who hunt on a CWMU
>are crappy hunters.
>People who film their hunts are
>crappy hunters.
>People who shoot pisscutters are crappy
>hunters.
>People who use scopes on a
>muzzy are crappy hunters
>People who hunt the rut are
>crappy hunters.
>
>I've learned a lot from my
>time on the internet, but
>I fear I'm forgetting a
>few.....please feel free to chime
>in. Who exactly are the
>crappy hunters? I am a
>crappy hunter and I enjoy
>the hell out of it.
>-------SS

Now you're just ranting and deviating... I haven't mentioned anything about long range hunting, ATVs, trail cams, or anything else you listed, with the exception of guided hunts.

Excuse me, Bombardeer. My bad.

You're a FUNNY idiot. :)

Good luck to all you lazy, worthless, so called "hunters" in the outfitter draw!

No draw for me this year.. Course it wouldn't have been a hunt anyway. I mean with a guide and all, I was just going to show up and pull the trigger.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom