2016 NWT Hunt

Dreamin_of_elk

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-16 AT 05:58PM (MST)[p]I was blessed to go on the hunt of the lifetime this fall with Artic Red River Outfitters in the NWT. I was able to take a beautiful 13.5 year old Dall sheep and an old, massive caribou bull. I'll be honest, this trip started a life long obsession, addiction to sheep hunting and the rugged land of the north. All I can think about is going back. When I got home from my trip my wife asked how my "once-in-a-lifetime" trip went. I laughed and said that it's going to be an every other year trip but that it was fantastic! ? Most beautiful, rugged and awesome country I've ever experienced.

81925img0588.png

20126img0589.png

66482img0590.png

96757img0591.png

37450img0592.png

Congrats on a great hunt. Kinda funny how those once in a lifetime hunts turn into once a year hunts. I'm heading on my second one this year in a couple of weeks?

Wapitiwilly- I know exactly what you mean. I was hoping it wouldn't be everything I dreamed so I could go and get it out of my system....it was far better than anything I ever dreamed. Now all I can think about is getting back!

Awesome hunt man! Congrats!!! I leave at the end of July this next summer for the same horse back hunt. I've commited to do it with my bow.

Traditional >>>------->

Yes, summer of 2017. I was supposed to go this last summer but I hurt my back. I pushed it back and changed it from the backpack hun to horseback.

Traditional >>>------->

Congrats on an awesome hunt. Just fininished watching the video.
Great job on that. I remember going on possibly my only dall sheep hunt
Back in 07. You brought back a lot of fond memories.

All the best in the future!

Bryan

Horsecreek,

You'll be hunting with the Stourac Brothers. They are seriously some of the best dudes I know. Super hard working and great guys to be around. I wish I could go back next year and hunt with them again!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom