2016 Sportsman's Antelope buck.

hunter

I just wanted to say thanks to the guys that offered their help or information on this hunt. I really appreciate it! We decided to do this on our own with out a guide.
After scouting a bunch and covering over 3000 miles, I was only able to locate one really big buck. I was able to find him on a couple of different scouting trips. My 14 year old son, Bronson Grace was able to take him on September 5th on the Book Cliffs unit. It was anything but easy. 15 miles on foot stalking him on 5 different stalks. Several missed shots due to BUCK FEVER. Waiting him out for 65 minutes to stand up but Bronson finally got it done.
He is 17" tall and 88".
28117img1205.jpg

58978img1215.jpg

95870img0652.jpg

Nice Job to the Young Hunter!

SUPER NICE Speed GOAT!!!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Who's the Old Guy in the Picture?

way with Words[/font]

Big congrats to the whole family. No funner hunt than a kid hunting pronghorn even though I bet dad was plenty stressed.

Congrats Mark. You did very well. Congrats to Bronson on sticking to it and being successful on a awesome trophy. Does not surprise me though and without a guide is no surprise either. Looks like the whole family is following your hunting examples. You brought them up well.

Thanks for all the awesome comments. I just sat down with Bronson and read them. He had a smile already but it's way bigger now!!

rmanwill-
Sorry it's not Mark. It's Bryan G. I would be the OLD guy in the picture.

Hey hunter!

Just RAZZIN Ya!:D

I Was Glad to Hear/See the DIY Success!

way with Words[/font]

Wow- Just, wow..!!! That thing is huge. You guys did amazingly..!! Thanks for sharing your success..!!

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Holy Smokes! That is a monster Pronghorn for Utah.Sounds like you all worked your butts off for him. That makes the prize just that much sweeter.
Congratulations to the young one,your off to a great start. But there had to be a little luck involved there!??? The reason I ask is I was hoping you might send the lucky boy my way..... for my 15 year old son and I both drew muzzy antelope tags for SWD Unit we'll be headed down on this coming Saturday and I can only hope to do half that well.
With my son being very Insulin dependant,it seems to wear on him quite a bit.Short stalks will be the norm. Gr8 job wish us luck. Dweller

That buck sure does have some mass! Heck of a buck. Congrats!

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I'd Bet the Tag is under the Tape!

44366pronghorn.jpg

way with Words[/font]

Monster for sure. More then that is the great family time spent doing it. Family is what it is all about and 20 years from now the family will still be talking about it. Nice work all the way around.

DZ

Yep, the tape is holding the tag on. Just put the sticky side out and it is easy to get the tag off. I like to save them. Not sure why??

Well we finally got to have Bronson's buck scored. After the 60 day drying period he ended up at 84 2/8" gross and 83" net. He shrunk a little more than I thought he would But a great buck regardless.
That puts him in a 5 way tie for #45 in Utah record book. With any luck the mount will be done for the hunt expo in a couple of months.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom