2019 hunt with 13 points

milkie62

I am looking for a possible 2019 hunt for 3 of us. We will have 13 preference points for that year. Any suggestions on where to go ? Prefer an outfitter since we would not want to go in blindly after driving 2k miles. Have hunted previously with Winterhawk outfitters and seen they are no more.

did not realize better areas are taking in the 20 point range now.20 points will be out of the question for me since I do not think at 69 I will handle elevation to good.

You didn't get any responses because there isn't any easy answer to your question. You don't have enough points for the top units and too many for OTC units.

You say you will have 13 points in 2019 so I assume you had 11 going into 2017 draw. But with point creep of a point per year you need to look at units you could have drawn with 11 in the 2017 draw, you may not gain any on these units in two years.

I would have recommended Unit 40 third season but it took 12 points for 100% chance this year, partial chance with 11. I did this hunt in 2015 and it took 10, 2016 11 points. So not sure if you will be able draw this in 2019.

First rifle Unit 49. 2015 11 points, 2016 11 points and 2017 12 points. I haven't been on this hunt but it should be better than an OTC unit. Still questionable on whether you will be able to draw this.

Unit 20 late hunt, you have enough points for these. But these are migration hunts. Haven't been on one but can be good or bad depending on whether the weather has pushed the elk off the Park.

If you muzzleloader hunt you might try this. Some of these take 3 to 10 points in OTC units. Wouldn't be for a big elk but could be a lot of fun with the elk bugling. Get with an outfitter on a private ranch and you wouldn't see many other people.

Unit 40 is your best bet if youre willing to spend around 8 grand on a guided hunt. Unit 49 is no cake walk if altitude is a concern. Mules will help are only going to get you so far.

Coloradoboy

Thanks for the info. We have also put in for Wyoming points this year.Hoping to set something up come spring of '18 and hunt in 2019. Trying to keep the guided hunt part to under $5500 plus the extras,ie tips etc. Talked to tangle ridge in Wyoming and steamboat lake outfitters in Co.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom