2019 Mule Buck

Guardrail

After a nearly 35 yr wait I took this 194 6/8? Muley buck in Northern New Mexico,
I want to thank Dave Montoya and his father for putting me up for a few days, and David for his hard work in finding this Rio Arriba county brute, I used David?s 6.5PRC Christianson Arms rifle to make a heart shot on him at 360yds, if your going to fulfill a dream out west, get in shape, learn to glass, put in for tags all over, and practice shooting your weapon, if your unfamiliar with the country, hire a guide your money ahead in the long run. Thanks to M/M for there archives, and there input???..Mike
8143720191030091014.jpg

To be honest I've never seen a buck this big alive, when I walked up on him after the shot I almost had a critical moment in my shorts! He was a jelly belly giant, I thought it looked as big as a feedlot steer, took 3 men to load him in the truck after field dressing, I will never forget that moment as long as I live, Thank God Almighty and Thankyou New Mexico for keeping public land PUBLIC, thanks to the oil workers that have eyes in the back of there head, You Know Who You Guys Are!!
7836020191030091142.jpg

Congrats on an absolute Giant! Dave Montoya is one of the nicest guys I know! He knows his mule deer for sure! Congrats you guys!

Congrats on your Giant buck of a lifetime! Dave knows his stuff for sure! He?s one of the nicest guys I know! You guys did good!

>Congrats on an absolute Giant!
>Dave Montoya is one of
>the nicest guys I know!
> He knows his mule
>deer for sure! Congrats
>you guys!

Dave is good people. Congrats on hard work paying off.

Congrats on a smoker buck! Dave is a great friend of mine, and one of the best mule deer hunters in the west. Getting to spend time with Dave Sr is a privilege in itself. He is the original big buck hunter. I've learned more from listening to that man tell stories than any one I've ever met or hunted with.

I did not know Dave Montoya till the day before the hunt started, I figured he was another guide who did his job and that was it, but after the first day of hunting with him I realized what a serious trophy hunter he is. He actually had all his bases covered and had a plan A B & C. His networking skills on big buck movement are 2nd to none. We , (I) actually semi spooked this buck the day before and he took off, were thinking we'll never see him again, Dave's knowledge of buck movement put us back in the area the next day and I actually shot him within 30 yds of where we found him the day before, Dave is a trophy Mule Deer Guru !! If someone ever tells you to rub a rock for good luck don't ask questions just do it !!

JUST SAYIN !!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom