2020 draw

So the last day to modify your app is in May????? But deadline is end of January????? So we have to pay for the whole fee up front and not see a return for several months??? This is seems extreme. Why not just have the deadline the same as residents?

What does everyone else think of this?

Pay to play!

37205hornkiller.jpg

The change date was getting moved no matter what. Wyoga was responsible for the app period closing date remaining Jan 31.

Nope, results will be sometime after May 8th!

Will we get our elk results before deer/antelope is due on the 31st? I sure hope so.

Lol they going to hold on to your 1k for your elk tag for almost half a year....dumbest thing I have ever seen for a tag draw.

During the Public Meetings last year this was discussed in detail. I think you could probably look back for the topic and see that it has been in the works since then.

The residents in the meetings were concerned about the allotted tags going out before the seasons were actually set. They saw it as a increase for Non-Residents on hard to draw tags prior to the numbers being set. For example in Unit X there were 15 Non-residents drawn for Type 1. Then May rolls around and come to find out that the quota for that unit should have only been 12 Non-residents. Thus, taking 3 tags away from the residents. I know that isn't the best explanation or probably exactly how it figures, but that is what is pushing the later release of the tags.

One of the above posters was completely correct. The Outfitters Association wanted to keep the early deadline to keep NR on the hook for hunts. And to tell you the truth the Residents didn't care one way or the other on the date.

One thing the G&F talked about and may come to light is increasing NR tags in units like 7 that have high amount of private land, and an over population of elk. I'm not sure the Resident tag numbers would decrease, but the NR may increase for those folks that are willing to go guided.

py

>Lol they going to hold on
>to your 1k for your
>elk tag for almost half
>a year....dumbest thing I have
>ever seen for a tag
>draw.

I wonder if they invest that money for those 6 months. I bet they do.

Anyone else heard of this?

The NR draw happening prior to the april quotas being set resulted in resident quotas in some hunt areas being less than the 84% required by legislation. They knew it, got called on it, and rightfully so.
It would have been easy to simply add the nr elk draw to the Antelope/deer draw but wyoga made a case against that and the Commission agreed.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom