2022 Buck Is Home

Elknut33

Got my 2022 buck back from the Sportsmans Expo this weekend.

69733406141__8E0BE93B-CA92-4D63-97D0-94E1A0C4B068.jpg

Beautiful mount. I missed your original posted photo of your Utah Sportsman Tag success. Congratulations. Could you share the story of your hunt and the measurements of your buck?

I was admiring that buck yesterday when I was hanging out with Jeremy yesterday at his display. Congrats an a sweet buck.

Beautiful mount. I missed your original posted photo of your Utah Sportsman Tag success. Congratulations. Could you share the story of your hunt and the measurements of your buck?
Thanks, he ended up going 198" gross after the drying period. I thankfully had a lot of help from family and friends to keep me sane on this hunt. We passed on roughly 60 bucks between 180-190, but this guy had the "look" that I wanted.

Thanks, he ended up going 198" gross after the drying period. I thankfully had a lot of help from family and friends to keep me sane on this hunt. We passed on roughly 60 bucks between 180-190, but this guy had the "look" that I wanted.
He has an amazing inside spread. How many different units did you hunt and how many days / nights were you out scouting and hunting. It must have been really fun and with some pressure to succeed.

He has an amazing inside spread. How many different units did you hunt and how many days / nights were you out scouting and hunting. It must have been really fun and with some pressure to succeed.
When I drew this tag, I didn't have any idea how much "pressure" there would be. It seems quite stupid that drawing an insanely coveted tag would have pressure attached to it, but it was there. We primarily focused on the Oak Creek unit. I started speaking to biologists from the Pausagunt, Henries and Oak Creeks, this gave me a baseline of overall herd health, trends in size of bucks taken, and overall feel of which unit might be best. I started reaching out to people I knew in the Pausagunt and Henries to see what they were seeing, and I started looking on the Oak Creeks. There were upwards of 15 200" bucks on the Oak Creeks before the archery hunt and it seemed like most were taken before my hunt opened with a rifle.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom