2023 Bow Opinions

beaston

Hello everyone, I am currently writing a new essay on compound bows, specifically focusing on the Mathews Lift and Phase 4, as well as the Hoyt Z1S and Alpha X, all of which are 33" bows. This essay aims to provide an evaluation of these bows in terms of their performance and value for money. I would greatly appreciate any insights, experiences, or opinions you may have on these bows. Please feel free to share your thoughts. Thanks!

I’m curious to see what you come up with. I haven’t bought a new bow for quite a number of years but I really think I am going to get a Lift 33. Have seen many good reviews so far.

In terms of value for the money, I think most new bows are engineering Masterpieces and worth every penny. However, I have wanted a new Carbon Hoyt for a few years but can't justify $2000 when my 10-year-old Hoyt shoots great.

A bow is such a personal preference. What one person likes another person might hate. Those bows you mention are nice bows, but my preference would be an Elite Omnia or Ethos.

My 2013 Vector Turbo still puts 8 arrows in a tight groupat 65 yards. I’ll save the money for some out of state tags. The bow I have compared to what the new ones do—the bow being used is not the reason I’d be successful or not.

If I was in the market I’d look at Hoyt or whatever that Solo Huntr guy sells with his new camo on it. That guy seems like a cool cat and props to him for designing his own camo pattern.

You aren't going to get much feedback on the lift or Alpha X since they are brand new. Search Podium Archery on youtube, he does a review on all of those bows with detailed specs.

IMO new bows are way overpriced, they are about the worst investment ever, bows in the last 5yrs haven't changed much at all in terms of performance. They just keep cycling back and forth on speed vs smoothness. A hoyt Z5 cam in 2014 was as smooth and fast as any current bows, the bows today have been getting heavier and heavier as well until they got to almost 6lbs dry, now people are wanting lighter so the companies are going the other way.

The lift is a great bow spec-wise, light, low reflex, long riser and good speed. It will 100% have more vibration than most other bows built in 2024 due to it's lightweight.

As I got older weight packen my bow 20 miles in the back country I went to the newer carbon composite less that 5 lbs, My PSE Carbon Air is awesome as is all the new cabon composites go shoot’m and see what fits best to you…..

Just bought a flagship target bow that's a year old, excellent condition for 30% of new and no sales tax. I don't think I'll buy a new one again, ever.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom