2023 Bull Elk Draw Unit 097-1

Depends!! Have a resident friend hunts it every year usually does pretty good, packs in aways on horse, I think the better hunting is in the wilderness part of the unit but have never hunted it myself so can’t say for sure!!

Thanks DD, Wondering if the winter kill had an effect on the herd. I reached out to a local outfitter awaiting a response. I live in Idaho, and this was the first time I put in for Wyoming. Go figure, I have'nt drawn in Idaho in 40 years!

Hiring an outfitter is the only way your going to get into elk when the season opens. Most elk will be deep in the wilderness and 10 to 15 miles from the trailheads. Elk from that area winter at several different feedgrounds and are kept well alive throughout the winter. Sometimes early snows will come and push them put a little, sometimes not.

Hiring an outfitter is the only way your going to get into elk when the season opens. Most elk will be deep in the wilderness and 10 to 15 miles from the trailheads. Elk from that area winter at several different feedgrounds and are kept well alive throughout the winter. Sometimes early snows will come and push them put a little, sometimes not.
This was my experience, the elk are deep in the backcountry 10+ miles. If you can hire an outfitter that would be your best chance at success.

Thanks guys, So during the Rut the Elk are 10 miles in. The hunt goes to Oct. 31, if not using horses, would the last 8 days of the hunt have some of those elk moving down any?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom