2024 app booklet

Will be interesting to see how thinks pan out the next couple years. Mid to upper elk units I think will not change. Deer I can only see top point holders trying for top units applying in the special draw. Antelope only the top units.
But, you never know. Some might just apply in the special the next couple years just to try and get out of the point game.
Have not made up my strategy for Wyoming yet. Thought I figured out a sheep plan last year and ended up with 1:8 odds. Unfortunately I was one of the 7 unsuccessful 😎😎.

I never could afford special permits before the change. This reminds me of the stock market saying that "greedy pigs get slaughtered."

It goes to show you how messed up things have become when it comes to horns.

Another interesting note, It seems I have to go fishing with the purchase of a buck or bull tag.

I like horns, but it sure seems to me the best thing going in WY are the "female" tags.

Last edited:
At least the youth and antler-less tags are still quite reasonable, so if a guy on a budget wants to take his family hunting he can still do so. But there will definitely be some people priced out of the special draws or who decide it’s just not worth it, especially with pronghorn.

Mark

All of it, except for the ap and credit card fees.
That's good to know. I had heard you only get back the regular fee and the difference of the 2 tags cost is kept. Probably still to rich for my blood but still good to know.

That's good to know. I had heard you only get back the regular fee and the difference of the 2 tags cost is kept. Probably still to rich for my blood but still good to know.
Don’t forget, you still have to apply for point later…

Used my elk and antelope points the last two years and glad I did. Once I burn my deer points it’s Regular Random draw only for me going forward. If I get lucky it will be nice if not all is good. WY has been good to me.

Check out the hunt planner on their website and it’ll breakdown the general elk maps.

Guess I can take this out of the Sit Down Office.

Robb

IMG_0765 (1).jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom