$20K Yukon hunt being raffled

RamDreamer

Not very many tickets have been sold on this. Might turn out to be great odds to win a fantastic hunt...

Win this fantastic Hunt in the Yukon with Babala Stone Sheep Outfitters Ltd.

Hunt any 2 of the following species-
Stone Sheep, Grizzly Bear, Moose, Caribou

Wolf & Wolverine included!

The Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society is holding a raffle for a fully guided choice of hunt in the Yukon for 2004 or 2005

Winner will have a choice of 2 animals to hunt: Stone Sheep, Grizzly Bear, Moose or Caribou.

Wolf & Wolverine are included

Hunt will take place August 25 - Sept 9, 2004 or 2005 if needed.

This is a fully guided hunt for 16 days in the Yukon. Valued over $20,000.00

Only 2500 tickets will be printed. Each ticket is $25.00. There is no limit on the number of tickets you may purchase.

Drawing will be held on December 4th, 2003, at the Board of Directors meeting.

Not included are Yukon Government hunting licenses, tags, trophy fees, GST taxes, transportation to Whitehorse, Yukon and to base camp,

Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis and postmark will determine mail orders.

Location of drawing will be on your raffle ticket.

Need not be present to win.

For more information, contact RMBS at 720 201-3791.

Send self addressed stamped envelope, remittance, you name, full address and phone number for raffle tickets to:
RMBS YK,
P.O. Box 8320,
Denver, CO 80201-8320

Babala Stone Sheep Outfitters LTD. has worked with RMBS to allow us to offer you a chance of a lifetime!

Hunt the land of the Midnight Sun. The location of the hunting area includes a major portion of the Pelly Mountain range and encompasses the St. Cyr and Big Salmon ranges, a total land mass of approx. 8,000 square miles of sole and exclusive commercial hunting rights. Over the years this area has been subjected to a very limited number of hunters each season. The game having been hunted with discretion enables us to offer excellent opportunities for record animals.

Hunting is done from comfortable base camps or spike camps. Three types of hunting methods are offered - horseback, backpack and boats. Each hunter is assigned to, and hunts with a professional licensed guide. We strive to provide our hunters with the utmost in competent and professional staff.

Actual information can be seen on the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society website at http://www.bighornsheep.org/Babalasheephunt.htm

I have only got ONE issue of The Bighorn all year!! Whats the deal Brenton?? back in January/February and I never get any mailings?? I'm a Life Member for geez-sakes!

Ramslam whats the word on Your Pahvant elk tag?? Come on Glen! I know ya got a monster.

Robb,

I'm not on the RMBS board, I'm just a member like you (although haven't upgraded to Life) and simply volunteer to help them in any way I can. I'd suggest an e-mail to them, that can be done through the website at www.bighornsheep.org I believe.

The person that was doing the newsletter up and quit as the spring issue was about to go to press as I understand it. That triggered a hunt for new software, a responsible person to do the newsletter, etc. It was an unforeseen and unplanned for event, again - as I understand it. Work in volunteer organizations is full of unforeseen pitfalls and this appears to have been a big one for the RMBS.

I was only trying to assist the RMBS by making the post I did. The raffle will result in a loss unless last minute ticket sales soar. It is no wonder that people don't want to do anything to help out organizations like this, as when they do they are labeled as the bad guy and these boards are used to jump on them as the responsible party. I suppose I should learn the lesson and not help any of the organizations working so hard for wild sheep anymore. Thanks for that harsh dose of reality.

Volunteering is thankless work, believe me, I feel your pain.

Not sure if you know the answer but I notice in the description it says under not included "trophy fees, GST taxes". what are GST taxes and what kind of trophy fees are there? I see some outfitters in the Yukon charge a hefty trophy fee but haven't found much on Babala. Is that the outfitters charge or a governmental thing?

NVBighorn,

GST is a 3% Goods & Services Tax that gets put on hunts by the Canadian government. It's 6 or 7% on regular purchases as I recall but the outfitters were able to lobby their feds and get it cut down to 3%. I've heard you can get a refund on it, but I'm not sure how that works and haven't tried (I hunted the Yukon last year and Alberta earlier this year).

I'm not sure about the trophy fees thing. I know the Yukon went to "seals" which are in the range of $10 to $25 depending on species. I will see if I can find out about any trophy fees (I really don't believe that there are any on this hunt - but I'm not sure, it's just that organizations have to say they aren't going to pay anything more. You know, some outfitters will allow you to take additional animals for "trophy fees only" beyond the normal cost of your hunt).

Thanks for that harsh dose of reality.

Your mis-reading me or I'm mis-reading you?? I'm certainly not jumping you for anything about RMBS.

I posted on the RMBS website 2-3 months ago and got very little help. I understand there has been some more shake-ups on the BOD and thats is becoming a 6 month ordeal yearly it seems. Ever since Dennis G. and Vic L. left their positions it seems to just be one big mix up after another. 2003 was the first time in forever! that we didn't sell out on the statewide Colo. Sheep raffle tix.....

Surely sorry Brenton if ya took it towards you.....see ya in Reno.

Sorry about the delay in the newsletters. We will be sending out back issues ASAP.

As far as NOT selling out the state goat and sheep raffle your information is incorrect we sold out of both raffles. I will admit we did not sell out as fast as in the past due to the fact we followed Colorado State raffles law which prohibits the buying of raffe (or lottery) tickets on credit. We could only accept cash, money orders or checks. We also did not sell tickets at the FNAWS convention in Reno.

Now onto the Stone Sheep Raffle

Cost of the hunt is $20,000.00

Hunt dates are Aug 25 - Sept 9 , 2004 or 2005
Hunt has been extended to 16 days.
Choice of 2 species from the following:
Stone Sheep and Moose or Grizzly or Caribou

YOU CHOOSE ANY TWO FROM THE LIST

Here's a list of the costs that are NOT covered.

After your first TWO choice the winning
hunter can upgrade to the other species for the following prices:
Moose - $3,500.00
Grizzly - $4,000.00
Caribou - $2,000.00

Wolf and Wolverine are included in our package!
Hunts are conducted in the Pelly Mountain range and encompasses the St Cyr and Big Salmon ranges, approx. 8,000 square miles which he has exclusive commercial hunting rights.

Some of his references and past clients who are RMBS members are Gary Hansen (CO), Jerry Hansen(CO), Butch Kuflak(CA), Jim Bisio(CO), Mark Horvat(CO),

Not included are Yukon Government hunting licenses, Tags, trophy fees, GST taxes, transportation to and from (to possibly include an Air Charter from Whitehorse, Yukon to base camp of $550.00 US) , shipping and crating of trophies, non hunting companion ($250.00 US per day), Yukon Hunting Preservation Fund Donation ($100.00 Canadian)

Yukon Government Tag Fees before hunt (Canadian dollars & 7% GST tax must be added):
Hunting License - $150.00
Sheep - 10
Moose - 5
Grizzly Bear - 25
Black Bear - 5
Wolf & Wolverine - (no tag)
Fishing License - 35

Yukon Gov't Trophy Fees after harvest (Canadian dollars & 7% GST tax must be added):
Sheep - $250.00
Moose - $150.00
Caribou - 150
Grizzly Bear - Male - 500
Female - 750
Black Bear - 75
Wolf & Wolverine - 75

These additional costs are common to all the Stone sheep outfits. I hope that answers any questions.

Buy lots of ticket the odds on this hunt are GREAT

Good luck,
John Legnard
VP RMBS

AKA Sandbrew

I've been thinking. If I win I'm going to try for the Stone Sheep and Grizzly. I wonder, is there a limit on how many wolves you can shoot up there?

Last chance!!!!

It's not to late to mail in a ticket request but it will be if you put it off.

Requests MUST BE RECIEVED BY 12/4/03 at 5:00 PM

SO FAR WE HAVE ONLY SOLD LESS THAN 700 tickets

Each ticket is $25.00. There is no limit on the number of tickets you may purchase.

Drawing will be held on December 4th, 2003, at the RMBS Board of Directors meeting.

Not included are Yukon Government hunting licenses, tags, trophy fees, GST taxes, transportation to Whitehorse, Yukon and to base camp,

Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis and postmark will determine mail orders.

Location of drawing will be on your raffle ticket.

Need not be present to win.

For more information, contact RMBS at 720 201-3791.

Send self addressed stamped envelope, remittance, you name, full address and phone number for raffle tickets to:
RMBS YK,
P.O. Box 8320,
Denver, CO 80201-8320

HURRRY BEFORE YOU MISS A GREAT CHANCE

Sandbrew

Just curious if you send the tickets back to be filled out?
Or send the stubbs and you fill out the info?
I sent in about three weeks ago and haven't heard back.
I don't want to miss the deadline if I have to send back the tickets.
Thanks,
Harry

Harry, We will fill out the name address etc and put it in the bin to be drawn. You will get a numbered stub as a reciept. Sandbrew

Sorry to all those who didn't get a call.

We only sold 777 ticket your odds were great.

The winner is Bret Collard from Elbert Colorado. He was really excited and ready to go right now. Bret bought his ticket early and had ticket # 29

Unfortunately, there is only one winner so I, like the rest of the raffle supporters have to hope that my ticket is pulled in the next raffle.

By the way, it is our annual Sheep and Goat raffle which starts on January 1, 2004 and winners will be drawn on March 6, 2004 at our annual RMBS Banquet. Go to our website at bighornsheep.org for ticket applications. The page is not updated yewt but is will be soon

Another by the way, Last year's Stone Sheep winner, Dirk Edgington from Dubois, WY called before this years drawing and said that he harvested a 37" Stone sheep, a 52" moose and a 9" Mountain Goat and was REALLY HAPPY with his hunt. Was even more than he ever expected. We always try to line up quality hunts!

Thnask for all your support, Sandbrew

Well, I'm glad it wasn't the next ticket number after mine. I would be pissed at myself if it was a case where had I bought only one more ticket I'd have won. :)

Hope this fellow has a great hunt. Really, I do.

Keep up the good work. And keep up the thankless job of volunteering! :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom