210" World record bighorn photo

H

hoofsandhorns

Here's the next 200 inch plus ram. It was found at Cadomine Alberta. It's in the possesion of F&W suppose to score 210 and change making it a new WR.

49a978465c17cdd1.jpg

WOW!!!

It's good to see they die of old age once in a while. At least nobody made off with him. Thanks for the pic. Now let's see some live ones of him.

>WOW!!!
>
>It's good to see they die
>of old age once in
>a while. At least
>nobody made off with him.
> Thanks for the pic.
> Now let's see some
>live ones of him.

maybe a wolf ate him zigger....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

That is one incredible ram!!!! WOW! Thanks for sharing that pic H&H. For the sheep nuts out there, do you think the deadhead is one of these 2 Cadomine rams or are these boys still roaming the hills?
bighorn1.jpg

bighorn2.jpg

bighorn3.jpg

bighorn4.jpg

BCBOY, yes I believe the dead ram is the ram on the left of your top picture, what a brute nice pics thanks for posting. nmbighorn

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-09 AT 02:35PM (MST)[p]When did they find that?

BCBOY, When did you take those picturs. Good Stuff.

The live pics ain't mine. They have been floatin around the emails and the Canuck sites for the past year. The way I understand, these rams were photographed by a lot of guys the last few years. IIRC, the deadhead was picked up this past fall. H&H might have some better details than me. He might even have some pics of his own of these rams. Post them up if ya got em H&H. We would love to see more.

I have friends that have pics of this Ram.I heard that is has been scored and that the score is around the 206 mark and will be tied for 4th in the world

I got an email with more photos of the pickup. (maybe other have as well?)

Question. Is it cool to post photos with people in them that you don't know? On one hand it is in an email and probably all ready 'out there.' But - personally, I am not comfortable doing it.

Just curious what others think. I am kind of new at this.

The horns are even more impressive in these other angles.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-09 AT 09:50AM (MST)[p]those shots are kinda in the public domain but still they are owned by someone. I kinda go by the rule that if it aint yours keep your hands off it. . . in other words, if I dont have permission from the owner, to use or post them, i wont. . . but you should go with your gut, i'm sure that most everyone in this thread and millions more have seen or will see those photos soon. . .

I like the one of the gal holding he head in her hands the best. . .

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you.

Yep...that shot is unbeleivable. I also like the side view of the left horn.

I shot you a PM. Shoot me an email...I am on that email all day every day (with fex exceptions). Thanks...

Thats the one.

My kind of lady. Pretty and tough...looks good with out much make up wearing a hoody and work gloves. Just like my wife.

That shot really shows how long and massive those horns are. Puts it in perspective.

heard it was just scored at 206 and change. So no new world record but a top 4 head.

BHB

That is the same ram!! There is damage to the skull in the exact same place as the mark on his forehead. Right between the eyes. I'll bet he just beat the crap out of that part of his head fighting with all the other rams.

I read somewhere else that those mine sheep wear that spot on their forehead by rubbing on the log chain divider/boundary/road barriers. Not sure if that is true?

49c06350499ad88c.jpg

I am not sure about the log chain but I see this nose scar on a lot mature rams throughout the West. I notice it more on mature rams with a bad attitude. While this ram's scar was not as pronounced, it was in the same area of the nose. I got to watch the ram for a long time and it was very interesting to observe his attitude and the way he treated the other rams. This ram had a terrible attitude and would not tolerate another ram within 15-20 yards.

I think the scar can be created when they don't hit their horns squarely I also think it could be created when they rub trees and rocks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom