212 Desert Sheep

silverstatehunter

I finally drew a desert sheep tag. I feel like I have marked, mapped, and located every spring in the unit. Im looking for any help, tips or starting points. I would like to take a ram with a bow but considering NDOW just double the quota to 10 tags I might stick to the rifle. Thanks guys and Im willing to trade some info and give you a few honey holes to check out. Thanks again
Jake

LAST EDITED ON May-31-12 AT 01:27PM (MST)[p]Send me a PM.

I know that unit well. I spend a lot of time in and around Tonopah for work. During my down time I run over to the Weepah Hills and Lone Mountain to look for rams. I have loads of ram photos I took this March, and a couple of pretty good rams to boot.
Plus there are a couple fairly hidden water sources that most people don't know that exist in that unit (not visible on Google Earth) where I found a couple of ram groups watering.

Also, you are welcome to come down and hop in the truck for a day tour of the unit. I really enjoy looking for sheep and it will save you the time in figuring out how to get around in that area.

>LAST EDITED ON May-31-12
>AT 01:27?PM (MST)

>
>Send me a PM.
>
>I know that unit well. I
>spend a lot of time
>in and around Tonopah for
>work. During my down time
>I run over to the
>Weepah Hills and Lone Mountain
>to look for rams. I
>have loads of ram photos
>I took this March, and
>a couple of pretty good
>rams to boot.
>Plus there are a couple fairly
>hidden water sources that most
>people don't know that exist
>in that unit (not visible
>on Google Earth) where I
>found a couple of ram
>groups watering.
>
>Also, you are welcome to come
>down and hop in the
>truck for a day tour
>of the unit. I really
>enjoy looking for sheep and
>it will save you the
>time in figuring out how
>to get around in that
>area.

You are a good dude in my book!

1st hand current info can't be beat. Jump on it!!.

Congrats to bomber.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

if you haven't already get ahold of the bio, he's outta tonopah and super cool guy! Good Luck on your hunt, drop me an email as I'd like to chat with you, my daughter has a jr deer tag up there so we will be in the unit in Sept-November, might be able to help each other out. Also I have some local contacts in Dyer area that know where the critters are.
Flyingspear

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom