219in Typical

S

Skunkterd

An outfitter in Morgan county UT took a typical that was 39 wide and 219 inches. No this is not the same buck as Rusty client took, and yes I did see the pictures

So is this just the year for monster bucks or what? Where are all the nay sayers that live in Utah who continually batch and moan about no 30 inchers existing anymore?

Mike
at235.gif

There are some dandys being shot in Utah this year and this one would surely qualify. Good deal.

dakota, trust me I will "batch" it is not that good around here. The Wasatch Front produces big deer. It is archery only. No guns period. Private ground also produces good deer. To bag a big buck like that on public ground is a feat in itself. Any bucks like the one mentioned on public ground, let alone private or LE, in Utah is truely a good job by the hunter and he deserves a high-five.

I will congratulate the guy who bagged the monster no matter where he got it. That is a big 'en.

We have how many new State record contenders this year? Not only for deer but elk? I thought contenders for the state record would be very very few and far between but we now have multiple all taken this year!

The better question is WHY are there more monster deer this year? We had a wetter than average spring (not enough to ease the overall droubt but it kept vegitation green), I dont doubt this played a huge part in antler growth. Heck even yearling bucks sprouted some pretty amazing headgear this year.

Predators have been reduced quite a bit in alot of areas as well.

I dont believe the quality of deer taken this year is a fluke. 1 record contender can be a fluke but not 3, 4 or 5 taken across the state. Lets identify the WHY and see if its something we can manage long term.

-DallanC

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-04 AT 12:07PM (MST)[p]219 Gross. I'm not sure about the net there were a few small extras to deduct

It sure would be nice to be able to hunt 63 days with a rifle on a cwmu. Lets see them kill all those big bucks during the general seasons like the rest of us.

skunk...thanks for the info. You seem to have the upper hand on "inside info"..I cant wait to read about all of these bucks. Do you know if that buck was filmed prior to and during the hunt?
buck1.gif

www.browtine.com
Later, Brandon

I'm glad I'm moving back to UT...to Morgan no less if those muleys are getting back to form. Can't wait to catch some pics.

CPSANDMAN
"The Buck stops here...I hope!"

Skunk,

I laugh a bit when I read some stuff on here. 219 gross, net, or whatever, that is a big buck. Probably one of those that people see and say holy crap that is a big buck. Score doesn't matter to me. I just like big ones.

Dallan, you are right. If something has changed this year, we need to keep it going.

The land of 2 points sure has been producing some Slammer bucks this year eh? Nice to hear of all the Big 'Uns that are hitting the ground. Can't wait to see some pics of these recent giants. Hopefully we won't be hearing the 'Utard Whine' on this site anymore. :)
069729.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom