231 Elk

Hvyshot12

So...I'm off to hunt my Muzzy elk on Thursday. Good scouting trips and saw a few nice bulls. Will post pics as soon as it's over.

NRA
USW #5282

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-09 AT 08:35AM (MST)[p]Good luck!!!! And be sure to post pics even if you don't kill the biggest bull!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

Quick update...saw a quite a few bulls and passed on a 6pt. Going back up for the remainder of the hunt Wed. Will post pics.

NRA
USW #5282

Have seen a few but not as much as we should though. We have seen them moving late in the morning though...so don't head back for lunch, stay out and hunt.

NRA
USW #5282

So...the hunt is over. I passed on several 5 pts and a 6pt as well as the lesser bulls. On Monday with 20 minutes of light left we saw a 6pt that I was willing to take. He entered a stand of trees as we put our best sneak on him. There is a little spring in the trees that we knew about so we waited by the water. Well he either heard us or just decided to not come out until dark, so my partnermoved over to the north to see if he could help pressure him out of the stand. The bull only had two options go north or south. No pics so we know what he did. All in all it was a good hunt. Like I always say, you can't get the big one if you don't pass on the small one. Ahh, but there is a price to pay as you all know. Thanks to all that helped...Harvey, Andy, Gale, Mike and Tom.

NRA
USW #5282

Hvvyshot12 , sorry to hear to that you didn't get a bull . I'm heading to 231 very soon for the rifle tag . I will try and get some revenge for you , and put a bull on the ground . Good tip about staying out during lunch time . During my scouting trips I saw them moving around during the day . I'm going to hit it hard , and see what happens .

hey do not feel bad i know you and i know you put in 150% don't feel bad you had a good hunt and seen a lot.you are a young man and you will get a tag again 5 years buddy i know i am right with you now lets kill some gesse

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom