243 ballistics help please

ClarkW

I am wondering what the ballistic charts say about a 100 grain Remington CoreLokt PSP 243 bullet? What is the drop at 200, 300 & 400 yards? It is sighted in at 3" high at 100 right now. Thanks.

Im guessing that bullet would drop straight to the ground. Now combine it with a case and some powder in it and it might go a touch farther...

Sorry that I came across as a butt-head...even though I am one. I do not like to sight my guns in that high (3"), especially that ones that shoot that flat. I like them to be just like the chart (but w/maybe a 225-250zero) 7-8" low at 300 and 18 or so at 400.

You need a rangefinder. But, at 300, I like to put the cross-hairs on the back, and If I shoot 400, I take my time, get a real-good positon and hold about half a body height above the back.

Now, Jack O'Conner recommeded a zero like that. But, it gives you a bullet that is about 6" away from your line of sight. Based on the Remington recommendations ( and also the Winchester and Federal recommendations) your bullet is dead on to 250 yards w/no corrections needed and depending on where you like to hold, no corrections needed to 300.

I also note that I didn't really answer your question...as you asked about a zero that was 3" high at 100...I don't know the answer for that zero.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom